Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ HID mode with yosemite

youbs67 1:16 PM - 15 July, 2017
Hi !

I have a Mac Book pro 13" mi-2012 with yosemite 10.10.5
- 2,9 GHz Intel Core i7
- 8 Go 1600 MHz DDR3
- SSD 1 To

I'm in summer season, so I mix 6 nights out of 7.
I have a control of 2 cdj 2000 nxs 2 and I mix in HID.
My problem is that for a week and almost every night I have micro cuts (so it can pass) until i have blanks (software crashe), then it's impossible for me to deliver a sound. I'm obliged every time to restart the software.
In order to avoid these bugs I'm going back on SSL with the timecoded CDs waiting to find a solution to my problem.
I thought it could come from my hardware so i buy a new USB HUB as well as the cables but nothing does.

I wanted to know if it's because I'm still under yosemite, if my mac is too old and not powerful enough to shoot with serato DJ.

In short I am a little short of ideas to solve this recurring problem.

Especially in the pre-season (weekend) I never had any worries.

Thank you in advance.

Sorry guys for my english because i'm french..
Serato, Support
Dave. 6:10 AM - 18 July, 2017
Hi youbs67

Sounds like you're running into performance issues, suggest you run through the following:

- support.serato.com
- support.serato.com

Are you able to tell me a bit more about the computer you're using? What processor does it have? i3, i5 or i7?

What do you currently have your USB buffer size set to? If you increase this, do you find that you run into less issues?

If you're also experiencing crashes, you may have some corrupt files in your library - best to run through the following guide to troubleshoot the crashes you are experiencing:

- support.serato.com

Hope this helps,
Dave.
DJ Tecniq 7:05 AM - 18 July, 2017
Quote:
Are you able to tell me a bit more about the computer you're using? What processor does it have? i3, i5 or i7
He already mentioned it's a i7 2012 Mac...🤔
Serato, Support
Dave. 7:24 AM - 18 July, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Are you able to tell me a bit more about the computer you're using? What processor does it have? i3, i5 or i7
He already mentioned it's a i7 2012 Mac...🤔

Long day, thanks for pointing that out Tecniq 😘
youbs67 7:17 PM - 21 July, 2017
Hi Guys !

My USB buffer size set to 2 ms. I will try with 5 ms.

I work last night with scratch live with CDs Timecode, and at the end of the night, after 4 hours to mix, my scratch live stopped working with this message "Serato stopped working".

I have about 70 corrupted files in my library, so i deleted all my corrupted files hoping it will work without a bug.

Thx guys :)
DJ BernieB (Toronto) 12:18 AM - 22 July, 2017
If you've upgraded to a new version of Serato DJ, then roll back to the previous version but if you say ScratchLive is also failing then most likely one of the following issues:

1. Corrupted serato database (rebuild entire library from scratch, re use subcrates if a must!)

2. Yosemite or your Hard drive is corrupted and needs formatting/re-imaging. Format it from scratch and reinstall everything.

3. Your hard drive is going... (I've seen hard drives 3 months old fail).

Good luck!
DJ Tecniq 6:07 AM - 22 July, 2017
Quote:
3. Your hard drive is going... (I've seen hard drives 3 months old fail)
So true any hard drive besides an SSD is absolute shit. I've had 2 ext drives fail I've had my SSD for 2 yrs now fast as hell and no issues.
Serato, Support
Dave. 9:33 PM - 24 July, 2017
Quote:
1. Corrupted serato database (rebuild entire library from scratch, re use subcrates if a must!)

Rebuilding entire library isn't necessary if youbs67 has ~70 corrupt files. Simple enough to re-encode these corrupt files in iTunes, and replace them with re-encoded versions. If issues were to continue, then refreshing the databaseV2 file/renaming Serato folder would be the next step to take.

Quote:
2. Yosemite or your Hard drive is corrupted and needs formatting/re-imaging. Format it from scratch and reinstall everything.

Possible, but not necessary if there are only ~70 corrupt files. These are likely causing the crash issues on SSL and SDJ.

Quote:
3. Your hard drive is going... (I've seen hard drives 3 months old fail).

Unlikely that this is causing Serato DJ to crash - if youbs67 was running into issues with SDJ not saving changes, library taking a long time to load or hanging issues then I'd say there could be issues with the drive itself.