DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Rekordbox 5.0 Beta now supports the S9?

GusGomez 1:13 PM - 7 July, 2017
Wow this could be huge I was waiting on this to try this software out that's a big blow if S9 users adopt RB over Serato.
Mr. Goodkat 5:14 PM - 7 July, 2017
it already worked with it
GusGomez 5:16 PM - 7 July, 2017
Quote:
it already worked with it

Did it worked with the cue points and everything without mapping?
Mr. Goodkat 5:40 PM - 7 July, 2017
oh no, but basically. its pretty easy to set up in RKB from what i remember
GusGomez 5:46 PM - 7 July, 2017
Quote:

It looks like they're making it official now if they just gave the owners of the S9 a free DVS license that could possibly get some of that serato business away...Since you used it before is it easy to transfer your serato library to RB?
WildcardX 6:02 PM - 7 July, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

It looks like they're making it official now if they just gave the owners of the S9 a free DVS license that could possibly get some of that serato business away...Since you used it before is it easy to transfer your serato library to RB?

There is a guide floating around from the Pioneer Forum on how to transfer the crates. It's is a tad bit meticulous but it works. Metadata like cues and loops are not transfered and you still need something like Rekord Buddy to do that.
Dj cuervo 9:10 PM - 7 July, 2017
Pioneer is coming for market share!!! Rekordbox is just too young tho.
DJ Irv 9:22 PM - 7 July, 2017
My last Serato S9 experience was so damn buggy I would have gladly used RB if it got me outta the bind I was in. That's how it starts.
DJ Irv 9:34 PM - 7 July, 2017
I wonder if Serato thinks they made a deal with the devil now?

forums.pioneerdj.com
Logisticalstyles 12:09 PM - 8 July, 2017
^^page no longer exists
DJ Irv 2:44 PM - 8 July, 2017
not sure what happened to the previous link.

forums.pioneerdj.com
DJ Marv the Maverick 9:10 AM - 9 July, 2017
spike12 5:10 PM - 10 July, 2017
how hard is it to find control vinyl for rekordbox? do the serato CV's work?
Logisticalstyles 5:31 PM - 10 July, 2017
I was getting really random playback issues when using the Serato CV. I just ordered some Pioneer CV to see if there is a big difference. I should have them by Thursday.
spike12 8:54 PM - 10 July, 2017
Thanks Logisticalstyles. Please share your findings and comparison if you have time time.
Logisticalstyles 7:52 PM - 13 July, 2017
Looks like I might not find out anytime soon. I ordered the vinyl from Pioneer's website. They use a 3rd party for shipping. This third party has made it difficult for me to have the records delivered. Only an adult 21 years old or older can sign for them. I'm not allowed to go to the FedEx location to pick them up. I can't even have them delivered to my job. They want me to take the day off from work to wait around for a pair of $30 records when I have a legal adult at home to accept the package. That's not gonna happen. What a complete waste of my time and money.
goldarn 11:05 PM - 13 July, 2017
^^ that is frustrating and an extremely stupid process... unless each 12" comes with a 12 pack.
Logisticalstyles 12:08 AM - 14 July, 2017
Tell me about it. My son is 18 and was at home willing to sign for it but FedEx refused due to the shippers request.
spike12 12:15 AM - 14 July, 2017
Sorry to hear of the stupid situation.

That was my biggest concern, ability to get vinyl. I'm in Canada so I wonder if it would be even worse shipping internationally.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 12:46 PM - 14 July, 2017
Quote:
Looks like I might not find out anytime soon. I ordered the vinyl from Pioneer's website. They use a 3rd party for shipping. This third party has made it difficult for me to have the records delivered. Only an adult 21 years old or older can sign for them. I'm not allowed to go to the FedEx location to pick them up. I can't even have them delivered to my job. They want me to take the day off from work to wait around for a pair of $30 records when I have a legal adult at home to accept the package. That's not gonna happen. What a complete waste of my time and money.

There some on EBay www.ebay.com
And no I'm not affiliated with the seller in anyway! Im ordering mine from them because of this signing issue.
Logisticalstyles 7:50 PM - 14 July, 2017
Oddly enough FedEx returned today and just handed them to my 14 year old daughter with no signature. The box looks pretty big for just a pair of records. I'll check it out when I get home tonight.
GusGomez 7:37 AM - 17 July, 2017
Quote:
Oddly enough FedEx returned today and just handed them to my 14 year old daughter with no signature. The box looks pretty big for just a pair of records. I'll check it out when I get home tonight.

Please let us know I need to know if it's worth it thanks
Chris Deluxe 2:26 PM - 17 July, 2017
Quote:

The Rekordbox vinyl solves all the tracking problems you experience with Serato vinyl. They are completely on point and no sticker drift.
Logisticalstyles 6:25 PM - 18 July, 2017
Quote:
Please let us know I need to know if it's worth it thanks

It works better than the Serato CV in my opinion. The feel of the record is about the same. I'm using my Z2 to control Rekordbox not an S9. I'm having some other issues but it's not related to the CV.
DJ Shameless 9:14 PM - 18 July, 2017
Quote:

i heard/read somewhere that the 1st gen serato cv's track better for rbdj than the newer serato cv's.