DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

FBT Vertus CS1000 - another mini-array system

dj_soo 3:37 AM - 4 July, 2017
Anyone heard one of these? Looks like FBT's answer to the EVOX8

www.fbt.it
DJ GaFFle 11:13 AM - 4 July, 2017
I was put off by the way the "satellite" top mounts in front of instead of "on" that pole but the storage aspect looks nice.
dj_soo 5:25 AM - 5 July, 2017
I think the advantage to that is it allows for easy tilting. Apparently you can also stack two of the tops on top of each other so you could conceivably go 4 sets of speakers with 2 subs and a 12 driver array on each side.
Taipanic 2:38 PM - 6 July, 2017
Never made it to the FBT demo room at Infocomm, sorry.
Looks like the setup makes for easy angle adjustments, potentially saving you $600 by not buying BT Tilters.
DJ Dynamight 9:04 PM - 10 July, 2017
I was put on to the FBT CS1000 about a month ago while inquiring about pricing on the EVOX 12 from KPODJ. The salesman said they are really good speakers, louder than the EVOX 8 but not as loud as the EVOX 12, and could be equivalent to a EVOX 10 if one existed. I found a couple reviews on YouTube also. Doesn't seem to be that popular in the USA yet though.
JD WAS. 10:59 PM - 10 July, 2017
The few reviews i seen state that the fbt has better bass than a evox 8 but the tops on the evox 8 are better than the fbt unit, both similar in price.
DJ GaFFle 9:05 PM - 11 July, 2017
So at 1:34 Watchwww.youtube.com, looks like FBT thinks enough of their units to make them at home rather than "abroad".
DJ_Dad 10:24 PM - 11 July, 2017
Quote:
The few reviews i seen state that the fbt has better bass than a evox 8 but the tops on the evox 8 are better than the fbt unit, both similar in price.

Link?
JD WAS. 11:51 PM - 11 July, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Link?

just the stuff i found on youtube
DJ_Dad 1:46 AM - 12 July, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Link?

I couldn't find a single comparison on youtube. I guess my search skills are lacking.
JD WAS. 5:56 PM - 12 July, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Link?

I couldn't find a single comparison on youtube. I guess my search skills are lacking.

IT was not a comparison video,it was mentioned in the comments of one of the youtube videos.(can't recall which video thou)
JD WAS. 6:02 PM - 12 July, 2017