Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

S9 connected but music won't play

Dj Mixstyles 5:26 PM - 2 July, 2017
I downloaded the firmware running the latest serato dj
But for some reason the music will not play from my hard drive I can play a regular record but the waveform won't move on the screen so the music isn't playing, help just bought the djm s9 help!!!!
DJ Tecniq 7:23 PM - 2 July, 2017
Are you using t-tables? Make sure the rca connections are plugging into Phono not line.
DJ Tecniq 8:26 PM - 2 July, 2017
Correction you are using t-tables since you said you played a reg record also make sure the top switch is selected for USB A.
Dj Mixstyles 12:22 AM - 3 July, 2017
It's on A
Dj Mixstyles 1:36 AM - 3 July, 2017
i think its because my specs on my laptop is not compatible i dont have the I3 processor and up
DJ Tecniq 4:40 AM - 3 July, 2017
Your on a windows machine? I would think even if it was a core 2 duo processor it should still be able to connect. What are the exact specs of the laptop?
DJ Tecniq 4:43 AM - 3 July, 2017
Also may want to make sure you're in abs or relative mode in SDJ as it responds to vinyl. Internal mode is just internally played through the software not the t-tables
Chiefrockaz DJz 7:18 AM - 3 July, 2017
Hi, I had the same problem...but I dont know if it helps...

Go to the setup, go to audio, push "turntables" button (once again/twice), the LED from the S9 lights up, done!

Its just an idea.
Dj Mixstyles 3:57 PM - 3 July, 2017
Samsung
Windows 7 home. Premium service pack 1
Intel Pentium CPU B950 @2.10GHz
4GB
Dj Mixstyles 3:58 PM - 3 July, 2017
I will try those things fellas
DJ Tecniq 5:59 PM - 3 July, 2017
Quote:
Samsung
Windows 7 home. Premium service pack 1
Intel Pentium CPU B950 @2.10GHz
4GB
I have a strong feeling it is your laptop. An intel pentium processor is old technology. Have you tried older versions of SDJ like 1.7.8? Versions 8.1 and above all require an iprocessor machine. SDJ newer versions use a lot of CPU and unfortunately your laptop specs wont cut it.
Dj Mixstyles 6:24 PM - 3 July, 2017
How do I go to an older version of sdj, I've been talking with a guy on an MacBook Pro at a later date
DJ Tecniq 6:39 PM - 3 July, 2017
Quote:
How do I go to an older version of sdj, I've been talking with a guy on an MacBook Pro at a later date
You can find them all here. Try a 1.8 version if that doesn't help def use 1.7.8

serato.com
DJ Tecniq 6:41 PM - 3 July, 2017
Let us know if the older version works. Hoping it's only the laptop and that your mixer is fine. I recommend an i5 or i7 laptop to run SDJ 1.9 preferably an i7 as being the best processor. Your files will analyze much quicker too.
DJ Tecniq 6:45 PM - 3 July, 2017
Something more like this would handle SDJ well. www.amazon.com
DJ Tecniq 6:49 PM - 3 July, 2017
Just some suggestions for upgrades.

www.amazon.com

www.amazon.com

www.amazon.com
Serato, Support
Kane D 1:17 AM - 4 July, 2017
DJM S9 is only compatible with SDJ 1.8 and above, you can download 1.8 here: serato.com

In all honesty, given the specs of your computer I doubt that it's going to be able to run Serato DJ with the S9 reliably, even if it does get connected, you will likely run into USB dropouts and audio issues.
Dj Mixstyles 1:49 AM - 4 July, 2017
Ok fellas thx I'm about to try it now
DJ Tecniq 2:09 AM - 4 July, 2017
Oh wow my bad looks like you'll def need a new machine may be a struggle running 1.8
Dj Mixstyles 5:35 AM - 4 July, 2017
that 1.8 worked dj tecniq Kane D, good look, a new laptop is in the works, but im gonna work with this s9 at home, master it, and use my old setup for the gigs don't want any trouble lol, but good look bro! #salute
DJ Tecniq 7:03 AM - 4 July, 2017
Quote:
that 1.8 worked dj tecniq Kane D, good look, a new laptop is in the works, but im gonna work with this s9 at home, master it, and use my old setup for the gigs don't want any trouble lol, but good look bro! #salute
Great to hear don't be surprised if you lose playback ability while 1.8 may work it may only be temporarily as the processor is lacking. Glad you got it sorted for now enjoy the mixer it is an amazing tool I have one myself😉
Dj Mixstyles 11:33 PM - 5 July, 2017
How can I record my sets with the s9 in scratch live I can come out the booth out and plug in to the mic on the scratch live box. How can I do this on the s9
DJ Tecniq 11:40 PM - 5 July, 2017
Quote:
How can I record my sets with the s9 in scratch live I can come out the booth out and plug in to the mic on the scratch live box. How can I do this on the s9
The S9 is only compatible with Serato DJ. Scratchlive is long discontinued the S9 is not supported. However if your laptop has a line-in port you can run a RCA to Aux cable from the mixer's rca output into your line-in audio port on the laptop. If you want to record from the booth output you'll need a 1/4 to aux (3.5 mm) cable and do the same. You can record in free audio software like Audacity just make sure your audio settings on the laptop are selected to use the Line-in audio card.
DJ Tecniq 11:44 PM - 5 July, 2017
RCA to Aux www.amazon.com

1/4 TRS to 3.5 mm Aux
www.amazon.com
DJ Tecniq 11:47 PM - 5 July, 2017
Here's a tutorial how to record however your computer specs are lacking which may strain the computer while recording.
youtu.be
Dj Mixstyles 12:02 AM - 6 July, 2017
I thought I could come out of the booth and go into the mic input like I did in scratch live
DJ Tecniq 3:28 AM - 6 July, 2017
Quote:
I thought I could come out of the booth and go into the mic input like I did in scratch live
Not sure you could try it? If you do connect to the mic input the audio quality will be in mono not stereo and prob won't sound as good. Why don't you just record from Serato DJ? The older versions support recording as it's built in...
Dj Mixstyles 8:15 AM - 6 July, 2017
Oh ok