Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

Serato DJ Issue

Jason (Dj K-oZ) 7:39 AM - 29 June, 2017
I'm gonna try to explain this a little better to give you guys an example. So the aah waveform is set at 12 o'clock on the vinyl and in serato dj if you have your view in horizontal or vertical there's a white line (will post photo) as in scratching it seems like every time the waveform will get way off of where it should be at the white line when I pull the record back to 12 o'clock position. (Will also post photo) Sometimes it's way ahead of the white line other times it's way below.

Anyone know what's causing this? I can actually see the waveform moving on its own and the record is completely still, so it's messing up my scratching practices. Like it causes scratches to be inconsistent. I was acutely getting really frustrated bc I would be hitting the scratches back to back and then all the sudden it would sound terrible & I as getting frustrated with myself, until tonight I saw the damn waveform moving no sound from the speakers record dead still & I was wtf? Then I started testing it & eddy couple of minutes it's doing it by itself & other times it stays exactly where it should be.
I'm gonna try to explain this a little better to give you guys an example. So the aah waveform is set at 12 o'clock on the vinyl and in serato dj if you have your view in horizontal or vertical there's a white line (will post photo) as in scratching it seems like every time the waveform will get way off of where it should be at the white line when I pull the record back to 12 o'clock position. (Will also post photo) Sometimes it's way ahead of the white line other times it's way below.

Anyone know what's causing this? I can actually see the waveform moving on its own and the record is completely still, so it's messing up my scratching practices. Like it causes scratches to be inconsistent. I was acutely getting really frustrated bc I would be hitting the scratches back to back and then all the sudden it would sound terrible & I as getting frustrated with myself, until tonight I saw the damn waveform moving no sound from the speakers record dead still & I was wtf? Then I started testing it & eddy couple of minutes it's doing it by itself & other times it stays exactly where it should be.

imgur.com
Laz219 9:29 AM - 29 June, 2017
Sounds like a calibration issue to me, probably threshold related.
Jason (Dj K-oZ) 9:57 AM - 29 June, 2017
You mean volume threshold? Will sticker lock prevent this?
DJ Tecniq 2:35 PM - 29 June, 2017
You need to calibrate your decks before you start playing. This is for Scratchlive but it's pretty much the same in SDJ. They should def update these steps for SDJ but I haven't seen one yet. Check it out here. You should always properly calibrate your decks for best performance. youtu.be
Jason (Dj K-oZ) 5:41 PM - 29 June, 2017
I have perfect circles on my setup. The threshold is petty close to the middle. I checked this last everything is calibrated correctly.
DJ Tecniq 9:34 PM - 29 June, 2017
Quote:
I have perfect circles on my setup. The threshold is petty close to the middle. I checked this last everything is calibrated correctly.
Did you properly ground the t-tables?
Jason (Dj K-oZ) 9:39 PM - 29 June, 2017
My tables have internal grounds so I can't ground them. The Numark TTX'S
DJ Tecniq 9:49 PM - 29 June, 2017
Quote:
My tables have internal grounds so I can't ground them. The Numark TTX'S
k have you reconnected needles? Try that too
Jason (Dj K-oZ) 9:54 PM - 29 June, 2017
Yeah tried that last night. I'm thinking maybe because I have my speakers directly in front of the turntables maybe the sound is causing them to drift. I might need to lift them up higher and see if that eliminates the issue.
DJ Tecniq 11:46 PM - 29 June, 2017
Quote:
Yeah tried that last night. I'm thinking maybe because I have my speakers directly in front of the turntables maybe the sound is causing them to drift. I might need to lift them up higher and see if that eliminates the issue.
that's possible however calibrating should def get rid of the waveforms drifting.
Jason (Dj K-oZ) 11:49 PM - 29 June, 2017
You think the sticker lock function may help eliminate it?
Serato, Support
Shaun C. 4:22 AM - 5 July, 2017
Hey Jason,

Sorry to hear of your issue.

Is this issue happening on both turntables? If not, is it possible that one of the turntables may not be grounded correctly?

If you find you're still having this issue, it may be easier to get directly in touch with us so we can look into this issue closer with you. You can open a help ticket here: support.serato.com.
Jason (Dj K-oZ) 4:24 AM - 5 July, 2017
My turntables don't have external grounds, they are Numark TTX's which have been grounded already internally.
Serato, Support
Shaun C. 4:37 AM - 5 July, 2017
Hey Jason,

Yes, you're right - I was referring to the internal grounding.

Can I also ask what output you currently have your TTX set to? Can you please make sure it's set to PHONO, let me know if that helps.
Jason (Dj K-oZ) 4:43 AM - 5 July, 2017
I can't do anything unto I get my new laptop, other crapped out on me.
Serato, Support
Shaun C. 4:45 AM - 5 July, 2017
Gutted, let us know when you're able to test again. 👍🏽
Jason (Dj K-oZ) 4:59 AM - 5 July, 2017
Will do should be in Thursday, i will never ever buy another a Apple product. Worst technical experience I've had with computers & the most expensive.
support number 7:18 AM - 6 July, 2017
I don't know please you share with me on my page <a href="supportnumbers.net Numbers</a>