DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Rane62 will not power up

Two Toes 5:46 AM - 28 June, 2017
Hi, hoping to get some help here. I've recently purchased a used RANE 62 - and it worked fine the first few times I used it. I didn't use it for quite a while (4-6 weeks) and when I turned it on, after about 5 minutes it powered off.
I checked cable and power point and both were fine. Plugged it back in and turned on, there was no display showing up and a very quiet high pitched noise coming from near the power supply at about 1 sec intervals.
I had a guy at work look at it and it looked as though some sort of liquid had found its way in and the J10 port on the bottom board looked like it had suffered the consequences. The ribbon cable has a couple of pins that looked burnt out and there was some corrosion around the port itself.
I don't really have a reputable place to take it for repairs where I live, might have ot take it with me on holiday to a bigger city to be looked at - or, is there anything at all I could possibly look at replacing myself?
Has anyone had or heard of similar issue?
Crossing fingers here... Appreciate any help or input!
pdidy 12:55 PM - 28 June, 2017
Two Toes 4:58 AM - 24 July, 2017
Thanks pdidy - had a good look there. Hoping its something small and easy to replace otherwise at worst I might need a whole new bottom board ($550) but should still just come in at an ok price for the mixer as a whole. Bye bye great deal for a 62, hello standard price for a second hand 62 :(
Two Toes 2:58 AM - 25 September, 2017
Turns out it is going to require a new Main Board - which now in Australia since the InMusic takeover and subsequent supplier changes costs $940...
ruleconcept 11:56 AM - 23 April, 2020
I know this is an old thread,

but my 62 just acted the same.
First I cant control the volume, fader, or anything, it wont effect the sound coming out to speaker at all.

So I turned it off, and turned it on again...
No response, it wont turned on..

Two Toes: So did you finally repaired yours with changing the Main bottom board?