Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Choppy Video Thru Serato DJ

dj aftashok1 6:56 AM - 26 June, 2017
Well, gotta admit, after this weekend, i'm not a fan of Serato DJ... I created an amazing slideshow on FCPX for a huge clients Grad Party on Friday, about 17 minutes long. I used a lot of "Ken Burns" effects on her still pictures (slow zooming & panning effect) and when I played the slideshow thru Serato DJ with Mix Emergency, the video was NOT fluid, it was choppy... but when i just used Mix Emergency by itself, the video played & looked great...Has anybody experienced this? Any fix? Suggestions? Its Really upsetting and makes me want to send back the DDJ-SX2 i just bought, scrap Serato DJ and just go back to my Scratch Live 2.5 and turntables /mixer set up again.... I'm rocking the Mid-2012 MacBook Pro 15 inch, 16GB memory with 750GB SSD, its lean and i only use it for editing and video mixing. I just ended up using the VLC player to play the sildeshow on Friday night, phuck it.... Any help would be greatly appreciated
DJ Tecniq 3:17 PM - 26 June, 2017
So it has a dedicated video card? What are your settings in Serato video?
dj aftashok1 1:59 AM - 27 June, 2017
fixed

seems the slideshow export settings on FCPX were incorrect, i did not use Compressor, just went h264 into a mov, then i used FLV crunch to convert to slideshow to a mp4...

thanks to Dj Baby Boy for the help below:

Hey I looked at that video and just inspecting it that video is a problem file ... It's in an mpeg4 codec not an h264 and so it's using the mp4v which is a vlc codec opposed to the avic1 codec which is standard to the h264 and the way that Serato/SeratoVideo/MixEmergency handles them is quite different even though they're technically minor differences in the file itself