Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

ETA on Serato DJ Support on New Denon SC5000?

Scott Campbell 1:52 AM - 26 June, 2017
Do any of the Serato mods have a clue when support for the new Denon SC5000 will be available? Finally got my set a few weeks ago and love them but need full support to really put this into service on weekly gigs. If you get a chance check out the SC5000. I was very impressed with the build quality and functionality.

Thanks for reading.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 3:59 AM - 26 June, 2017
Hey Scott,

We're working on this currently, but no ETA for a release yet sorry!

Cheers,
Michael.
Scott Campbell 11:48 PM - 26 June, 2017
Thank you for you quick reply Michael. I will be waiting...........patiently.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 11:54 PM - 26 June, 2017
No worries :)
DJ Barticus 5:26 AM - 27 June, 2017
i have one and it's a nice player for a single genera night with a limited playlist, for a more general open format i need the large library processing power of a computer with serato.
kvnkrz 11:59 PM - 27 June, 2017
Patiently waiting still!
popnwave 1:19 AM - 28 June, 2017
Probably being worked on as we speak in closed beta.. SDJ v 1.9.7 I figure.
Scott Campbell 7:40 PM - 6 July, 2017
Quote:
i have one and it's a nice player for a single genera night with a limited playlist, for a more general open format i need the large library processing power of a computer with serato.

Same here. Some nights I play a limited format but most of my gigs are totally open format and without the use of a keyboard it would be impossible to keep up searching for tracks.

Scott
kvnkrz 11:20 PM - 6 July, 2017
Got a pair a few days ago.

And Wow. But I still wanna use serato.

Can't wait to see what they have in mind for them!

Please let us see the waveforms in full unlike cdjs!
Scott Campbell 9:42 PM - 21 August, 2017
Support for these seems to be taking longer then I expected.
acemc 1:00 AM - 22 August, 2017
Quote:
for a more general open format i need the large library processing power of a computer with serato.

Interesting......
kvnkrz 1:15 AM - 29 September, 2017
For Serato to talk to an SC5000 two things have to be in place...

1) The SC5000 needed to have controller mode available (that's been added in this update)

2) Serato needs to complete and release its version, which knows how to talk to an SC5000 via controller mode.

Part 1 is complete:
SC5000 PRIME Firmware Update 1.0.2 Release Notes

Features:

● Controller Mode support implemented

Fixes:

● Improved scratching sound at low speeds

● Fixed an issue where heavy scratching for several hours could result in a player resetting.

● Fixed an issue where remote playlists would show up in a different order than local playlists.

● Fixed an issue where an SD card warning would be shown even though no problem with the SD card reader occurred.

● File transfers over network are now more robust.

● Fixed an issue where in rare circumstances, selecting or ejecting a drive could cause a player to hang.

● Fixed an issue where unplugging and re-plugging a drive would result in the drive not showing up on a remote player.

● Fixed an issue where loading certain larger databases would show a “DB Corruption Warning” upon source selection.

● Fixed an issue where repeatedly mashing the left hand collection buttons could lead to a hang.

● Fixed an issue where folders ending in “ “ or “.” would result in tracks within that folder showing up as unavailable.

● Splash Screen now shows version number.
kvnkrz 8:27 PM - 9 October, 2017
1.9.9 is out ..
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 10:15 PM - 6 November, 2017
Hi all,

Serato DJ 1.9.10 has just been released which includes support for the new Denon Prime Series products (the SC5000 Prime and the X1800 Prime) -> serato.com

Cheers,
Michael.
acemc 3:30 PM - 7 November, 2017
Quote:
Serato DJ 1.9.10 has just been released which includes support for the new Denon Prime Series products (the SC5000 Prime and the X1800 Prime)

And........ Thats All Folks!!
I'm happy for the prime owners, but sadly each update seems to get more disappointing.
popnwave 3:46 PM - 7 November, 2017
It's a point release what were you expecting?

We need a whiner forum!
acemc 5:14 PM - 7 November, 2017
Quote:
It's a point release what were you expecting?

Off the top of my head, perhaps a day mode that we've been begging years for.
Go take a look at the feature request section, you'll discover many request dating back years!
Quote:
We need a whiner forum!

I'm just expressing my disappointment, far from whining.
Perhaps we need a weener forum, i think that might just suite you.
popnwave 5:48 PM - 7 November, 2017
Again, it was a "point" release. You don't get major changes in those, feel free to lay into the devs when 2.0 comes out and it's missing that sort of thing.