Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

First Time Serato DJ

Flea Market Funk 6:42 PM - 22 June, 2017
I'm a long time SL1 Scratch Live User, and I've decided to take the plunge and buy an S9. I haven't updated my OS on my Mac Book Pro, as it is on 10.7.5. Most of my Serato gigs were boxes, so I felt that if it wasn't broken, I shouldn't fix it. Now I'm with the S9, but want to update my OS so I can still do those gigs that have the SL boxes, but move forward with the S9 as well. Could anyone tell me what would be the best OS to upgrade to so I can use both the S9 and the do these other gigs that don't have it and use any variety of the SL boxes? I've got plenty of RAM on my computer and if need be, I'll upgrade. I just am sitting here looking at a very expensive mixer and I want to do the right thing. Any help would be appreciated. Cheers-
DJ Tecniq 9:20 PM - 22 June, 2017
What are the specs of your Mac? Secondly I highly suggest Yosemite as it doesn't use much CPU like El Capitan/Sierra. Even though Yosemite is not fully supported with Scratchlive it was solid with my SL3. I since sold my SL3 and have the S9.
DJ Tecniq 9:26 PM - 22 June, 2017
However Mavericks worked incredibly well which came before Yosemite and was better with CPU. Here's the bad news since you are so far behind OS X wise I don't think App Store will allow you to update to those older OS X. Apple has since took all of their other OS X softwares off the App Store. They want all users on Sierra which is their latest OS X but it is definitely not compatible with Scratchlive as SSL is no longer supported.
DJ Boss (Old School) 1:11 AM - 14 July, 2017
I downloaded serato Dj to my MacBook pro. I have macOS sierra 2ghz and 8 gb. I have a ttm 57. When downloaded serrato showed the new version is compatible with my operating system.

The problem is when connecting to my laptop, i get the offline screen instead of the two turntable screen on serato. I tried all my usb ports checked all my connections to computer and mixer.Power is on and lights green. No change to screen. Can anyone identify what I may have overlooked?
DJ Tecniq 3:08 AM - 14 July, 2017
Quote:
I downloaded serato Dj to my MacBook pro. I have macOS sierra 2ghz and 8 gb. I have a ttm 57. When downloaded serrato showed the new version is compatible with my operating system.

The problem is when connecting to my laptop, i get the offline screen instead of the two turntable screen on serato. I tried all my usb ports checked all my connections to computer and mixer.Power is on and lights green. No change to screen. Can anyone identify what I may have overlooked?
The 57 is only compatible with "Scratchlive" it does not support Serato DJ nor Sierra. Serato DJ however does support Sierra but not the 57. The 57 and Scratchlive are long discontinued and will not work with newer OS X software.
DJ Boss (Old School) 5:16 AM - 14 July, 2017
So what option do I have with my TT57 now that Serato and Mac teamed up against Rane? Any shortcuts to make it work? I spent bucks on the Mac and Rate and now they don't recognize one another anymore? That just aint right!
DJ Tecniq 3:04 PM - 14 July, 2017
Quote:
So what option do I have with my TT57 now that Serato and Mac teamed up against Rane? Any shortcuts to make it work? I spent bucks on the Mac and Rate and now they don't recognize one another anymore? That just aint right!
I agree however there is a work around I'll try to find the post and link you.
DJ Boss (Old School) 3:09 PM - 14 July, 2017
I appreciate it and hopefully, it's a step by step.