DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

80s Intro Outro

DJ TAKES NO REQUESTS 11:23 PM - 20 June, 2017
Hello, community. What record pool do you recommend for 80s music with intros and outros? Thanks.
REDSELECTER 1:03 AM - 21 June, 2017
idjpool

but it might be better to dig for 12"s and CD-Singles from that era and rip them. also look for all the remix services from that era that did those kind of mixes - Ultimix, etc.
DJ TAKES NO REQUESTS 1:05 AM - 21 June, 2017
Quote:
idjpool

but it might be better to dig for 12"s and CD-Singles from that era and rip them. also look for all the remix services from that era that did those kind of mixes - Ultimix, etc.

Thank you. It's difficult to gauge only because you really can't browse record pool websites so one really is just going off of people's comments floating around on the internet.
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 4:26 AM - 21 June, 2017
Remember the purpose of a record pool is to promote and service NEW MUSIC but www.idjool.com does have a classics section as a bonus that offers up some 12 inch or Extended versions of some 80's releases (these were OUR Mixshow or DJ intro edits back in the day).

Much of idjpools new releases have Intro/Outro

What type of 80's are you looking for?

It varies with different pools depending on what u want - www.latenightrecordpool.com has a ton of throwbacks with Mixshow edits.

I've heard Direct Music Service and Barbangerz have a ton of 80's pop but many are redrums and short edits respectively.

People say Beatjunkies pool is like a crate diggers pool with obscure 80's that you can't usually find elsewhere.

Define 80's
DJ TAKES NO REQUESTS 4:37 AM - 21 June, 2017
Quote:
Remember the purpose of a record pool is to promote and service NEW MUSIC but www.idjool.com does have a classics section as a bonus that offers up some 12 inch or Extended versions of some 80's releases (these were OUR Mixshow or DJ intro edits back in the day).

Much of idjpools new releases have Intro/Outro

What type of 80's are you looking for?

It varies with different pools depending on what u want - www.latenightrecordpool.com has a ton of throwbacks with Mixshow edits.

I've heard Direct Music Service and Barbangerz have a ton of 80's pop but many are redrums and short edits respectively.

People say Beatjunkies pool is like a crate diggers pool with obscure 80's that you can't usually find elsewhere.

Define 80's

I respect the reply. Much appreciated. Yes, I'm looking for 80s dance, pop. Really anything that broke the billboard 100 with intro outro. I'm not looking for anything obscure. I already subscribe to the beat junkies record pool and it's okay for 80s. Your input is appreciated.
Crackpipe 5:01 PM - 21 June, 2017
Most 80's music, especially pop music is very mix friendly already.

If you need a crutch and have intros and outros for 80's music, you need to spend more time practicing and less time looking for crutch tracks.
DJ TAKES NO REQUESTS 9:38 PM - 21 June, 2017
Quote:
Most 80's music, especially pop music is very mix friendly already.

If you need a crutch and have intros and outros for 80's music, you need to spend more time practicing and less time looking for crutch tracks.

Crackpipe? I appreciate the advice, I truly do. But yes, I want clutch tracks. I just want them. I don't care to make this a discussion about my dj'ing abilities, passion, effort, etc. I just want em. Plain and simple. Thanks for understanding.
CMOS 11:39 PM - 22 June, 2017
DJ Reflex 2:09 AM - 23 June, 2017
DJ TAKES NO REQUESTS 3:45 PM - 23 June, 2017

Thank you, much appreciated.
DJ TAKES NO REQUESTS 3:45 PM - 23 June, 2017

Thank you, much appreciated.