Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Offline player playback issue

SirForce 6:24 PM - 19 June, 2017
Sometimes in offline mode a track might refuse to play. The playback > indicator will turn blue but the track wont play. If I drop the track on the analyze button it will unload from the deck, analyze and then I can load the track and it will play.

I think restarting serato also solves the problem with the track that wont play but need to confirm.

I'm using SDJ 1.9.6. I don't recall this issue happening in previous versions of SDJ. I am not sure what is exactly causing the track to not play. I can load other tracks and they seem to play fine when this issue occurs.

The issue seems to occur as part of loading in new music, analyzing all the new tracks and just listening to tracks and adding them to crates. The problem will occur seemingly at random. The quickfix is the analyze.

Any idea why this is occurring? Is anyone else having this issue? It's not a show stopped but annoying.
DJ Tecniq 6:29 PM - 19 June, 2017
What are the specs of your machine? It sounds like it is struggling with SDJ. 1.8 or above all require a machine with an iprocessor.
SirForce 6:36 PM - 19 June, 2017
It's not struggling - typical specs... Mid 2012 MBP Intel I7 2.8Ghz with 16GB RAM and SSD. No issues in performance / online mode with Rane 62, 64 or DJM900NXS2 hardware using HID or DVS.

It simply refuses to play until the track is analyzed. Going to shoot a screen capture, very odd. Seems to happen randomly. It's just annoying when it happens. Again, its offline player only. I can load other tracks and they will play without issue. It seems like the track is "stuck" I can slide the waveform and head audio. it just wont "play" even using the keyboard shortcut to trigger the deck play button.
SirForce 6:38 PM - 19 June, 2017
Quote:
It simply refuses to play until the track is analyzed.

What I mean is "re-analyzed" as I analyze new tracks and otherwise pressing the analyze button does not show any tracks to analyze.
DJ Tecniq 8:43 PM - 19 June, 2017
I see so it's like the offline player is froze?
SirForce 11:08 PM - 24 June, 2017
All files are analyzed - should have showed that in the video -

goo.gl

and

goo.gl

Both examples seem to happen randomly while going through the library selecting songs for crates.

This only seems to occur in the offline player.

I guess the next test is to hook up the mixer and see if it happens on the same track in online mode.

Any ideas?
SirForce 2:44 AM - 30 June, 2017
bump
DJ Tecniq 1:21 PM - 30 June, 2017
Now that I recall I have had this happen before as well. I would load tracks in offline player after they were analyzed and I have had the play button freeze I would just close and restart and it was fine after. But it does happen that is certain.
SirForce 1:30 PM - 30 June, 2017
I found reanalyzing the file works. Next time I'm going to see if the track plays when the mixer is connected. Strange bug. Maybe serato knows about this?
acemc 10:26 AM - 11 July, 2017
I've had this happen too.
Almost same spec mac as you, except 2.6ghz i7.
Whenever this has happened, I've always just restarted Serato.
Thanks for the analyze tip.