Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

crates gone after restart.

Marcus J Malloy 9:13 PM - 13 June, 2017
Hey everyone.

Well I've not had this issue before, i have my weekly stares in a month by month crate. Today I was downloading tracks and putting them into the weekly crate as normal, but i noticed a padlock next to the tracks? Then the tracks wouldn't analyse, so i restarted Serato with backing the library as normal.
Now, when it restarted, the 3 weeks of this month June have completely gone! Ive looked in the sub crates folder and there's nothing even there. Its a nightmare, as i need all the tracks for something i do weekly. No other month or week has been affected, only this month.

Can someone please help me, as i really need these tracks back asap.

Thanks. Marc.
Serato, Support
Jordan L 10:28 PM - 13 June, 2017
Hey Marcus,

The padlock means the track is locked. You can control click on this icon to unlock the track. If you're still having trouble I would check your permissions.

For Mac:

Right click on your external hard drive. > Get Info > Sharing & Permissions > Select your user and click the Privileges field. > Select Read & Write.

NOTE: If you are unable to make this change you may need to click on the small lock icon in the bottom right hand corner of the Sharing & Permissions window.

For PC:

Incorrect permissions in Windows can stop Serato DJ being able to write ID3 tags to your music files.
This issue most noticeably occurs with music stored on external storage, but can also be affected by weird permissions on folders on your internal drive too.

To rectify this, please navigate to the hard drive or folder where your music library lives and do this:

• Right click on hard drive name in My Computer.
• Go to Properties > Security > Click on Edit.
• Select username that you log onto.
• Tick the 'Allow' column for Full Control.
• Click Apply then OK.

Let us know how you get on.
Marcus J Malloy 10:34 PM - 13 June, 2017
Hi Jordon.

I dont have an External HD, all my tracks are on my internal HD on my MacBook. Also when i go to close Serato, the option to back up my files isn't there?
I dont have a clue whats going on with Serato lately, as when i went on it tonight, its had opened every month (crate) this never happens, as it was showing the weeks in the crate.

I just want an easy fix, to get all of the music I've lost for this month. There has to be an easy way.....right?

I just dont know why it was fine yesterday and now its not?