DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

I have a question for the Professors

Djkuks88 12:04 PM - 17 June, 2009
Ok Get Ready,
I have a question for the Professors, when you are in INT mode why is it that there are pitch controls and no Auto Sync. Why even bother adding the pitch control if you cannot have an auto Sync. Am I missing something here? This question is for THE - SSL - TTM - 57SL ssl owners.
WarpNote 1:03 PM - 17 June, 2009
Double post....
kuks, did you ever read the manual, ever heard of midi?
Djkuks88 7:35 PM - 17 June, 2009
Do you mean that you can sync in YOUR TRAX, WHEN USING internal mode, with a midi?

Do you know anything about BPM mismatch?

I DON’T WANT THE AUTO WHAT EVER WHEN USING TT
This is not the question that was asked.
I mix, and have 4 TT AND DON’T NEED TO HAVE AUTO THIS!
I would rather see it implemented in int Mode.
Have you ever gotten Media that was just off set, in beat PM.
I DON’T have any idea why do I need to purchase a Midi to work with the TTM 57
Laz219 2:01 AM - 18 June, 2009
Of course internal has a pitch slider, a lot of people work with just internal mode and would use the pitch slider extensively to pitch match their tracks.

Warpnote is referring to midi controllers that do not use timecode CD's, the control scratch live directally over usb/midi and are always run in internal mode. The CDJ-400 is a good example.

There are hundreds of debates about auto-sync in SSL, this is just another variation of it. Read those threads and you'll see why it isn't there.
Djkuks88 9:28 AM - 18 June, 2009
Ok, what if I just wanted to use only the laptop and the ttm57 then what,
EXSAMPLE : Please
Djkuks88 9:48 AM - 18 June, 2009
Next ?,

When you have a trax Playing on one deck and a slight off BPM ON THE OTHER deck, and I want to Drop the trax with same volume output as the playing trax, and the cue trax in sync, on the fly what do I do then ?

And remember, Mixer and laptop only FOR THE MIX.
Djkuks88 10:04 AM - 18 June, 2009
And Please, Don’t add mix and Key to the future SSL, to many dinosaurs pc around here with all respect. I think the SSL should be strip down to use with only TT

NO LOOPS
NO MIX & KEY
NO AUTO NOTHING
Bring it back just like the OLD SCHOOL DAYS PLAIN AND SIMPLE WITH ONLY THE FILE SERCH AND LET’S SEE WHAT HAPPENS then.
WarpNote 10:36 AM - 18 June, 2009
That horse is so dead, get a Nano, how hard can it be...

IBTL....
AKIEM 6:50 PM - 18 June, 2009
your point is NOT made
>FAIL<

zzzzzzzzzz... zzzzzzzzz....
Djkuks88 8:19 PM - 18 June, 2009
Here is Lesson, Digital DJing describes the playing of digital music data (e.g MP3, AAC) as opposed to spinning vinyl records or Audio CDs.

The central component of every digital DJ's set up is a computer with a large hard drive for storing music files. In addition peripheral devices (audio interfaces) can be added to the audio output, or for the controlling of the software on the computer (a controller). Often both are combined in one piece of equipment.

The computer runs DJ software (e.g. TRAKTOR) that offers the full function range of traditional DJ set-ups:

Record boxes in the form of playlists
Music player in the form of virtual decks
A virtual multi-channel mixer
Audio Effects

The user interface of these components is controlled directly from the keyboard, the touch pad and / or the mouse. If no excessive requirements are placed on the quality of the audio, the sound card of the laptop is sufficient for the audio output. In this case there is no peripheral equipment necessary.
AKIEM 8:25 PM - 18 June, 2009
so what?

and

if you are going to copy+paste, you should quote link co.native-instruments.com
to not pass it off as your own words
Djkuks88 8:30 PM - 18 June, 2009
How you like Me Now
Note: This, I am going to Ban My Self from this forum the first, sorry Serato and Rane But this has to come to the end. I don’t HAVE TIME TO DEAL WITH THIS.
Now I know were to look for, WHEN ADVICE NEEDED. As a customer you just lost one. The economy is way to hard not to address a simple?
Serato, Forum Moderator
Nick M 9:47 PM - 18 June, 2009
Hi Djkuks88,

I'm not sure that this is a feature suggestion, so I will move this to DJ discussion for you.
Also - we are here to give advice and answer you questions.

Scratch Live's main purpose is Vinyl / CD emulation software. Internal mode was created originally as a kind of back up mode for when you encountered problems with your turntable / CD set up. Not as a permanent replacement for abs/rel mode...

Many DJ's now use internal mode for either their native MIDI controllers (e.g Pioneer CDJ 400 works in internal mode) or alternatively use internal mode on one side to DJ with just one turntable (instant doubles).

I personally like using the instant doubles method for one deck, especially when I have limited space to setup my gear.

Cheers :)
Djkuks88 11:45 PM - 18 June, 2009
Thank You Nick,
The reason why I asked this? Is because of the potential that the TTM57 has, when you just use it with your laptop as a stand-alone setup.

I am not asking for auto anything. Just a sync button to help me sync in BPM, Key position of a trax on cue, or the start position of a trax, on and instance, WITH OUT TT or Time code just like quick cue on the fly. I am not using all of the mixer recourses for this same reason. It will also help with video. I hope you can understand what I meant.

I also was under the impression that you can just use your laptop and the mixer as a stand-alone unit to Mix and do your gig with no problems. Thank you, for you’re rezoning thou in addressing the question.

I would like to thank the SERATO team for adding the pitch control on the SP
DJ Art Pumpin Payne 4:58 AM - 19 June, 2009
Quote:
I have a question for the Professors, when you are in INT mode why is it that there are pitch controls and no Auto Sync.

The Serato engineers were brilliant with this. If you are playing with one "real deck" and Internal, and do the Instant Double thing, the Pitch on the Internal Deck AUTOMATICALLY comes in at the exact same pitch as the REAL turntable or CD player.

You could then mouse nudge the Internal pitch up or down for a better mix with the upcoming song on the REAL deck.

Not for Automix, but still very, very useful.
Dj-M.Bezzle 3:41 PM - 19 June, 2009
does anyone here understand what the fuck this kid is talking about....he dosent want anything auto but needs it to synch beats??
Quote:
Here is Lesson, Digital DJing describes the playing of digital music data (e.g MP3, AAC) as opposed to spinning vinyl records or Audio CDs.

The central component of every digital DJ's set up is a computer with a large hard drive for storing music files. In addition peripheral devices (audio interfaces) can be added to the audio output, or for the controlling of the software on the computer (a controller). Often both are combined in one piece of equipment.

The computer runs DJ software (e.g. TRAKTOR) that offers the full function range of traditional DJ set-ups:

Record boxes in the form of playlists
Music player in the form of virtual decks
A virtual multi-channel mixer
Audio Effects

The user interface of these components is controlled directly from the keyboard, the touch pad and / or the mouse. If no excessive requirements are placed on the quality of the audio, the sound card of the laptop is sufficient for the audio output. In this case there is no peripheral equipment necessary.

OHHHHHH IS THAT WHAT DIGITAL DJING IS...ive had it confused for all these years so THATS what the plaptop is for
Quote:
And Please, Don’t add mix and Key to the future SSL, to many dinosaurs pc around here with all respect. I think the SSL should be strip down to use with only TT

NO LOOPS
NO MIX & KEY
NO AUTO NOTHING
Bring it back just like the OLD SCHOOL DAYS PLAIN AND SIMPLE WITH ONLY THE FILE SERCH AND LET’S SEE WHAT HAPPENS then.

lol at the old days with just file search, instead of the old days without a Laptop
Turn Table Tennis 4:14 PM - 19 June, 2009
DUUUUDE, wouldn' t it be crazy if serato started to use something like the iTunes album viewer? It'd be like flipping through records all over again. Granted that would take up a lot of screen, maybe on a toggle window?

Naw that's a bad idea.
Djkuks88 7:50 PM - 19 June, 2009
This is an EXZAPLE of the sync button request:

1 When you start your gig on an empty dance floor your sound is waved out thru the dance floor

2 As people start to come in and dance, your sound becomes tight IN BPM ext.

3 When you have a master clock this issue will be set to whatever value you are manually setting up for. But you need to adjust as the crowed comes in.

4 With the original playing deck your new cued deck will be off TIMING, THAT’S WHEN THE SYNC BOTTON COMES IN HANDY. You get it now.

Note that I don’t want to use the Keyboard or mouse on the PC.
I WILL USE THE PC FOR MUSIC STORAGE.

This TTM57 Mixer has a lot of room for this to be implemented
You can toggle to the new sync button area using the group button
Now how hard can that be?

I am going to request, Rane to reconsider opening the mixer for software of choosing

And for the haters out there don’t worry be happy
PS I forgot to hit the ban button.
Dj-M.Bezzle 8:08 PM - 19 June, 2009
dude put the pipe down...step away from the pipe i repeat step away from the pipe
AKIEM 11:11 PM - 19 June, 2009
son is mad he has to adjust the pitch?
AKIEM 11:12 PM - 19 June, 2009
or he doesnt know you can adjust the pitch?
dj cubicle 11:42 PM - 19 June, 2009
i so confused.
phaeton 12:07 AM - 20 June, 2009
*Ralph Wiggum*
"Reading this makes my Brain hurt"
DJ CISC0 1:15 AM - 20 June, 2009
Are you asking if the 57 has a feature to have the second deck match the pitch of the playing deck? So with the touch of a button the second deck self adjusts the pitch?
WarpNote 6:56 PM - 20 June, 2009
I really don't see why this sync button would be very useful, as AKIEM points out you still need to ride the pitch to stay in sync.

Kuks, have a go at the Numark NS7 or the Vestac VCI 300 and you will realize this...
Djkuks88 11:32 PM - 20 June, 2009
One more shot:

I would like to see a sync button like Tractor Pro and TS

When I start my gig I pick a Trax for that particular occasion, with that said an empty dance floor maybe a few people ext. I will start with the mixer and laptop only, note laptop for Music storage.

Now I know that I can pitch manually, but I would rather start setting for my set do to the crowd in venue.

The SYNC button will help with, BPM AND STAY THER AS THE FRIST TRAX PLAYED and the next and the next, WITH THE TEMPO OR BARS OF TRAX: more or less like a master clock. You COULD play like this if you chose to, all night if you want. Now when I start using vinyl or cd I can pitch the rest of the set with no problem Using the Tech 1200 or Cdj. I personally don’’’t think you Profilers use this tactic but I am pretty shore that in this forum they are watching.

Get it now!
mastermind 11:47 PM - 20 June, 2009
Djkuks88

To be hones with you... some of us old school Dj dont care for how easy it is for n00bs(new djs) to take the ART of djing and abuse it so everyone can do it.That is what auto mixing has done!! it does not allow your true colors to come out. another words, You(as in all the n00bs) call yourself a dj but you really are not one, You are just posing as one wile we have put in the countless years and sharpen our skills. SL has made it easy for me to dj but if i had to go back to my battery powered mixer and two 1200's i would rock the party
phaeton 11:55 PM - 20 June, 2009
Maybe you are looking for something like Mixmeister , you can make a playlist and it will mix all the songs for you.
Djkuks88 12:25 AM - 21 June, 2009
You call your self as a real Dj but yet you criticize others for having and open mind.

You still need to pick out your set to be played or you will suck and wind up winning.

You say I am fake Dj and you try to call your self an old school pro

I will bet that my crowd loves me because I am real, I halved played in lot’’’’s of venues and all I receive is Love. Not like other who wishes they were the best but better.

Ha Ha Ha and Ha, You can’t face it but tech is here to stay, with that said I will play next to you but my promoter won’t even let address this.

You know I will take that back, I am not the Best but one of them, and I will never play next to a dj like you my friend, I would rather play next to a kid so I can give Him some pointers and teach him how to be a real dj, not someone who whish he played any ware. I am going to name just one club that back in the day that I was hanging out in the booth next to head liners learning from the best at that era not winners, you called your self old school here is a pro one. ZANZIBAR
mastermind 12:30 AM - 21 June, 2009
Dude...... calm down!!!! i have never asked to play next to you. im just letting you know how some of us feel.
Djkuks88 12:33 AM - 21 June, 2009
Take your feelings some were else!
This was a question about sync not your comments
mastermind 12:34 AM - 21 June, 2009
wow..... i have been a nice guy.... you do not want me to let the daws out buddy!!!
Djkuks88 12:34 AM - 21 June, 2009
Read what I asked for or skip
Djkuks88 12:36 AM - 21 June, 2009
You Don't have any idea what I was asking for don't comment please
mastermind 12:37 AM - 21 June, 2009
skip skip skip skip, auto, skip, auto, oh shit it's set on auto!! it should not skip!!! what to do now......... ok people are parsing me again. its all good!!
mastermind 12:42 AM - 21 June, 2009
I have to let you go buddy.. i have to get ready for a gig witch i will not be using any auto mix feature because SL does not have such thing so have fun with the thousands of your followers!!! all bow down to DJkuks88 its only right to!!!!
Djkuks88 12:50 AM - 21 June, 2009
Is bin nothing but bashing her if you know what I mean, this forum was created so dj’s can help each other not bitch about tech, this buy far has bin a bad experience and soon to become the end. I am and will always be open minded person to tech. I do anything that will help with the art or yes even the newness coming up. At one point we all were just like them.

I have bin doing this to long for any bad brain issues.
Djkuks88 12:55 AM - 21 June, 2009
So with that said I to will go away to, doing what I do best give the crowd much love.
Don't brake a needel
AKIEM 12:57 AM - 21 June, 2009
@Djkuks88 - there are many request threads for "auto-mix" here. Its also the number one most hated suggestion. You can read 100 arguments about it already. Analogies, statistics, sci-fi, feelings, poetics, everything. Part of the backlash that you are getting is that it has been discussed to -->DEATH<-- already. You should read through all those arguments before you come out making the same old points that have already been made over and over again - and shut down each time. Then say something new - there are people with open minds to NEW concepts - but not oh so recently blue faced arguments down to the last degree etc etc
DJ CISC0 1:05 AM - 21 June, 2009
So to answer your question DJkuks88- the answer is NO. There isn't an auto sync feature in any mode in SSL.

/end thread
DJ Unique 1:42 AM - 21 June, 2009
If you want auto-beat-sync buy Itch. Stop complaining about it not being on this software. It's just boring to hear it over & over. Damn trolls.
eder 2:04 AM - 21 June, 2009
um...first, I'm at a loss for words (mainly because I'm still perplexed by how you explain things). Second, if you want automix, get itch or use tracktor (or virtual DJ...ugh). The developers have repeatedly said there will NOT be automix in SSL.

This forum has no problem dealing with "tech", as you put it. Many new features have been added to SSL thanks to input from the community here. However, none of these new features will DJ for you. You still must physically mix yourself, whether that's the pitch slider on the turntables or cd players, a midi slider, or on the mouse/keyboard. SSL has drastically changed the "tech" of DJing while leaving the ART of it untouched. That's the point you, for whatever reason, seem not to be able to comprehend.

Also, I don't know much about waves at clubs, but you might wanna ask dirtbag filthy. I hear he surfs like everyday.
Djkuks88 4:09 AM - 21 June, 2009
You Guys are like roaches they come in packs

For the old school professor how did your, owe owe owe, owe owe owe feeling hot hot hot gig went, Hope you did marvels

LOL

And to the love birds how about a hand for all off your wonderful comments

Ok back to the topic, sync button in int mode as and extra tool for the TTM57 NOW THAT’S a good idea for the feature New Name Program, I don’t like the itch name with all respect. It reminds me of Insects

I just had to get back on one more time. LOL
Open-minded sense of hummer
Djkuks88 4:16 AM - 21 June, 2009
Akiem, you make me lol
Good try but na, very poetic LOL
phaeton 5:03 AM - 21 June, 2009
Is soon2b be your Cousin? I just had to ask lol
..although auto sync in Internal mode only?....a compromise for people wanting autosync perhaps......eh just saying.
DJ Dynamite - NJ 4:48 PM - 21 June, 2009
@ Djkuks88 - Let me break it down for you, and there's no bashing involved here.
It seems to me that you are looking for an AUTO SYNC feature in ScratchLIVE. What many people are saying to you is...
This has been discussed many times before and the majority of us are tired of hearing it because the developers have already stated that such a feature WILL NOT be added to the ScratchLIVE program. However the feature that you are looking for is available in Serato's Itch program, so maybe that would be a better choice for you.
bourbonstmc 7:01 PM - 21 June, 2009
Quote:
You Guys are like roaches they come in packs

You know to make friends!
Djkuks88 7:29 PM - 21 June, 2009
Dudes, sometime you have to rock the crib

If I could use my TT57, I would not be here asking for a simple integration that’s beside the point.

If you want to bash a kick it around you will also need to take it to.
Maybe serato should reconsider in migrating the TT57 to Itch or even call it something else.

Now that’s a compromise for all.
Be open minded that a lot of money could still be made, with that said the ttm57 is not dead, or is it?

Sound engineers and contractors are installing them clubs for a reason and they see trouble in the feature with even a migration of any kind I am pretty shore the will stop as the new generation comes in.

Now I don’t know way so mush hate for a sync button, take a look at the mixer now all the button are there to do what you like.

PS we are only here for a short time, let enjoy the ride.

Happy Fathers Day for all
Djkuks88 7:41 PM - 21 June, 2009
Ps before any of the professors get mad with my spelling, excuse me for my bad spelling.
I had a few last night. Hiccup, Hiccup. LOL
eder 7:41 PM - 21 June, 2009
...you completely miss the point. BTW have you even LOOKED at itch? Forget the name, look at what it does..
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:29 PM - 22 June, 2009
lol someone get soon2be in here to interperit what this guy is talking baout??
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:31 PM - 22 June, 2009
i dont know why this thread reminded me of this but i was watching sportscenter and dale earnhart Jr was on TV saying he was looking into a system to drive his car around the track without him touching the wheel or the pedal, guess thats technology for ya
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:32 PM - 22 June, 2009
Quote:
I have to let you go buddy.. i have to get ready for a gig witch i will not be using any auto mix feature because SL does not have such thing so have fun with the thousands of your followers!!! all bow down to DJkuks88 its only right to!!!!

too bad you dont have auto mix then you could stay here in this thread dedating with us while the computer roced your crowd for you, shucks too bad
bourbonstmc 2:57 PM - 22 June, 2009
Quote:
i dont know why this thread reminded me of this but i was watching sportscenter and dale earnhart Jr was on TV saying he was looking into a system to drive his car around the track without him touching the wheel or the pedal, guess thats technology for ya

soundingcircle.com
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:58 PM - 22 June, 2009
lol WOW
Dj-M.Bezzle 2:59 PM - 22 June, 2009
Quote:

Ok back to the topic, sync button in int mode as and extra tool for the TTM57 NOW THAT’S a good idea for the feature New Name Program, I don’t like the itch name with all respect. It reminds me of Insects

Same reason I chose ScratchLive....because traktor reminds me of large slow moving farm equipment