Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

djm 250mk2

Dj Classic One 7:41 AM - 13 June, 2017
Does Serato Dj supports Pioneer DJM 250 MK2 mixer, or do I have to switch to Rekordbox Dj software that's included in the mixer, need a simple straight forward answer please !!!
Despo 7:46 AM - 13 June, 2017
no doesn't work
Dj Classic One 7:57 AM - 13 June, 2017
I thought any mixer will work, whether it is analog or digital as long as you have a Rane SL2 box !!
deejdave 10:18 PM - 13 June, 2017
This was such a loaded question. It obviously works with the 250 using an SL box but the Slavic is the device being supported NOT the mixer......... @Despo I apologize on his behalf as he seemingly knew the answer prior to asking the question.
Serato, Support
Jordan L 10:23 PM - 13 June, 2017
Quote:
I thought any mixer will work, whether it is analog or digital as long as you have a Rane SL2 box !!

Hey,

As already stated earlier, you will be able to use this mixer with an interface such as the SL-2. We thought you were asking if you could use Serato with the mixer connected straight to your computer without an interface.

Cheers.
Dj Classic One 11:05 PM - 13 June, 2017
I appreciate your non sarcastic answer unlike deejdave
Thanks
dj_soo 6:59 AM - 14 June, 2017
the point of an box is that you can use it with any mixer. Why would you ask a question and not include the fact that you have a box?
pdidy 9:07 AM - 14 June, 2017
Quote:
the point of an box is that you can use it with any mixer. Why would you ask a question and not include the fact that you have a box?

Because he's a freakin idiot.....yes it needed to be said...lol
Dj Classic One 5:06 PM - 17 June, 2017
Ok now it is time to report you to Serato because of calling me out of my name, I can respond back with a unpleasant name towards you, but I won't so I will forward this message and the other negative message that the other person left as well to Serato. It clearly says no direspecting, name calling, or any source of negative respond.
Dj Classic One 5:21 PM - 17 June, 2017
I just finished reporting dj_soo, deejdave, and pdidy to Serato management team for the negative comments that they left, so you will be hearing from management through a email soon
dj_soo 1:33 AM - 18 June, 2017
Bwahaha
pdidy 8:53 AM - 19 June, 2017
Serato, Support
Luke B 11:00 PM - 22 June, 2017
Hey guys,

Thanks for answering and helping, but please go a little easy on Dj Classic One.
I know it's the internet, but we all had simple questions once upon a time :)

Thanks.
dj_soo 9:16 AM - 26 June, 2017
dude just sent a threatening PM to me.

Guy's a tool.
Laz219 12:39 PM - 26 June, 2017
Well, this thread took quite a turn.
DJ Tecniq 4:21 PM - 26 June, 2017
Quote:
dude just sent a threatening PM to me.

Guy's a tool.
Lmao!
577er 7:47 PM - 26 June, 2017
Quote:
Well, this thread took quite a turn.

i.ytimg.com 😂
Arvee 5:16 AM - 26 October, 2017
I don’t understand how people can be so stupid? This mixer itself has an sound interface, if you don’t know the question and the technology then please don’t reply to farts!

@Dj Classic One, no they don’t work with Serato DJ Bro. Pioneer has not yet released a firmware update to support serato with DJM250MK2.
Eagerly waiting though! 🙄
dj_soo 6:58 AM - 26 October, 2017
doubt it's going to happen now that they announced the S3 which is virtually the same mixer.

Looks like pioneer is looking to separate out their Serato and Rekordbox lines and essentially release the same hardware twice - one for Rekordbox, and one for Serato.
Arvee 3:55 PM - 26 October, 2017
Quote:
doubt it's going to happen now that they announced the S3 which is virtually the same mixer.

Looks like pioneer is looking to separate out their Serato and Rekordbox lines and essentially release the same hardware twice - one for Rekordbox, and one for Serato.

True
tjs1403 5:51 PM - 7 May, 2018
I have an SL-2 setup currently but need to replace my mixer so hoping to get some of your perspective (sorry if these are noob-ish questions):

Is it worthwhile to purchase a mixer with a built in sound card & ditch the SL-2? Was originally leaning this way for the simplicity but second guessing if there is much value in doing so now

Does anyone have any mixer reccomdations to use in conjunction with SL-2? Mostly blend/scratch hip hop music

Thanks in advance
Aptidda 6:09 PM - 7 May, 2018
DJM 250 MK2 LOL! What a piece of junk.
DJ Marv the Maverick 5:53 AM - 8 May, 2018
Quote:
I have an SL-2 setup currently but need to replace my mixer so hoping to get some of your perspective (sorry if these are noob-ish questions):

Is it worthwhile to purchase a mixer with a built in sound card & ditch the SL-2? Was originally leaning this way for the simplicity but second guessing if there is much value in doing so now

Does anyone have any mixer reccomdations to use in conjunction with SL-2? Mostly blend/scratch hip hop music

Thanks in advance

If you play out with your own gear a lot then getting a mixer with integrated sound card is the way to go.

I will lean towards mixers that are supported out of the box than the club kit ones.

You should keep your Sl2 as back up or for venues that wont allow a mixer swap.
DJ.WAZZA.AU 8:47 AM - 8 May, 2018
Will the DJM 250 mk2 .....get DVS expansion pack support..... In the future .,would be happy too pay ....
dj_soo 8:49 AM - 8 May, 2018
For serato? No. The S3 is serato's version of the 250.
DJ.WAZZA.AU 9:04 AM - 8 May, 2018
Yes I know it's not supposed now ....that's why I said ..in the future....it would be a good mixer too add DVS expansion packs support ....the DJM 250 and the DJM s3 are the same mixer...and have the same drivers ....
The DJM 250 mk2 works with every other d.j software......
dj_soo 9:14 AM - 8 May, 2018
I wouldn't hold my breathe. If Pioneer intended to allow serato to work on the 250, they wouldn't have released the S3.

Every other software works on the 250 because every other software allows for open mapping and sound card use. Serato is a closed system.
DJ.WAZZA.AU 10:02 AM - 8 May, 2018
I am not holding my breath ....lol...maybe they do and maybe they don't ...who knows ....but you are right Pioneer would not like Serato to add DVS support........and that's why Rekordbox works on the s3 but is not supported by Pioneer .....there must be a deal done somewhere .....that says , you don't add support for the 250 & Serato and we will not add support for the s3 & Rekordbox
As for it being a close system ....Traktor scratch is closed ( even more close than Serato .) and now works with the 250 ......will it work with Serato ....yes .....do they want it to work ...no ...it a shame real .....Serato could pill some Rekordbox users from pioneer and make some $$$ with the sale off DVS expansion pack.. .....but will they no ...