DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

scratch live on Macbook pro

DjDerek-nuimij1 5:40 PM - 12 June, 2017
i am using a mid 2012 macbook pro currently running on EL CAPITAN..... went to play in a party where the system was a SL1box, of course my laptop could not connect.....
i have available to me the upgrade to SIERRA pending however before i do an upgrade i want to find out how well does Sierra work with ALL SL boxes, and all mixers with built-in Serato software) NEED HELP ASAP PLEASE .....

PS.... as the SL1 box has been discontinued, if i do get another event to dj in and encounter the same box, how can i be able to work around it???
Thanks in advance
pdidy 2:58 AM - 13 June, 2017
Step 1: Decide what your priorities are.
A. Confirmed compatibility with all serato hardware and software.
or
B. The want for the latest Mac operating system.

Step 2: If your DJ priorities are in order than you have chosen (A). Mavericks and Yosemite are the 2 most current mac OS's confirmed to work with all serato hardware and software Old to New.

If you chose (B) you're on your own.
pdidy 3:21 AM - 13 June, 2017
By the way, I still use Mountain Lion on my main laptop and retain the ability to use Serato iTCH, Intro, Scratchlive, SL1,SL2,SL3,SL4, RANE 61,62,64, Pioneer s9 AND SERATO DJ.
I will likely be forced to upgrade to Mavericks pretty soon if I want to use the latest serato dj while being "officially supported" but its no rush :)

So if djing is your priority, the latest greatest mac OS won't be.
DjDerek-nuimij1 1:15 AM - 14 June, 2017
thanks