Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

I decided to use the Pioneer DJM 900NXS2, Why I am force to pay for Serato 1.96?

Glass Dee Entertainment Atlanta DJ 2:40 PM - 11 June, 2017
I have the Serato SL1 and SL3 interface, Rane 57, Rane 61, Rane 62, Rane 68, NS7 I & II, Mixtrack Pro II, Pioneer S9, Pioneer DJM 900NXS and the Pioneer DJM 900NXS2. I'm not going to even tell you how many sets of CDJs I have. I've been using Serato DJ for 3 years. Just for basic mixing and scratching. However, why when I upgraded to Serato DJ 1.96, because Serato finally made it compatible with the DJM 900NXS2, I have a 14 days trail in my face? I was thinking about getting the Rane 57II. Now I am afraid to. I didn't try my Pioneer S9 mixer yet. Again!! Why I have a 14 day trail in my face when purchased 10s of thousands of dollars worth of Serato product. I think it just the principle. Sorry for the grammatical errors. Please explain to me!! What is my alternative option?
AddamXavier 3:00 PM - 11 June, 2017
Well, the main alternative would be to use the SL3 in conjunction with the DJM. The DJM 900NXS2 is a "Serato DJ Upgrade Ready" mixer (serato.com). This is actually the perfect time to need to buy the SDJ license. They are having a sale on the SDJ Suite, which means everything they sale is $150 (US) and that will work with any hardware (store.serato.com). I actually bought it on the last sale even though I only have a SL3, but i wanted to be ready for anything for the future.

I can't speak to the decisions made, but most of this has sounded like it's a bit of politics from Pioneer.

You'd still have to buy a Rekordbox DJ/DVS license with this mixer, so I'm betting it's Pioneer not wanting more people to use SDJ by giving the SDJ upgrade with it.

Serato wants to have "Serato DJ Ready" on as many devices as possible, but hardware manufacturer's (specifically Pioneer) have their own agenda's that don't always coincide.
Glass Dee Entertainment Atlanta DJ 4:36 PM - 11 June, 2017
My Serato DJ worked fine with Rane 61 up to 68 and my DJM900NXS. I have Rekordbox that came with my Pioneer CDJs 2000 Nexus which includes the serial#. Never bother to try it out. Maybe I should. I guess if I wait 2 years to upgrade I might can upgrade for free. I have Serato Dj version 1.8. It works fine. If I decided to purchase Serato DJ 1.96, would I have it permanently or is it a yearly subscription?
Serato, Support
Jordan L 9:48 PM - 11 June, 2017
Hey there,

That's because all of those mixers and interfaces you've previously purchased are Serato DJ Enabled products and don't require licences to connect. Yes, if you outright purchase the licenses they will be on your account forever and ever.

Cheers.
deejdave 2:54 AM - 12 June, 2017
You will also be able to use your Mixtrack Pro II with SDJ as this is a SDJ upgrade ready device as well.
Laz219 7:15 AM - 12 June, 2017
Yep, it's very different licencing between these products.

All the other hardware you've got/had effectively had a 'Serato Licence' embedded in it- essentially the hardware has the right to unlock SSL/SDJ, you've never directly had a licence.
This is the same reason if you sell this hardware on, there is no messing around with deactivating it (and probably keeps the resell price higher as a buyer doesn't have to factor in buying their own licences)

You haven't purchased 10s of thousand of Serato product- you've spent the money on other companies product, that included the ability to unlock Serato programs.
In the case of the NSX2, it doesn't automatically include that when you buy it- it's an optional add on.
Kam456 11:36 AM - 12 June, 2017
so if I buy the serato DJ suite, that includes the club kit as well?

I say that because there is no mention of the club kit on the serato DJ suite page.
it just says:

"Serato DJ Suite includes:

• Serato DJ
• Serato Video
• Serato DVS
• Serato FX Pack
• Serato Flip
• Serato Pitch 'n Time DJ. "
Millz 3:37 PM - 12 June, 2017
I had a horrible experience after paying 99$ for the dvs on a 900 nexus2 last night. Kernel panics, till the sound buffered out and went robotic. Serato, why should we pay more money for a software/hardware system that is unstable at best?
deejdave 4:22 PM - 12 June, 2017
Serato Dj expansion and DVS pack is the club kit. It's just wording is all.
Serato, Support
Jordan L 10:00 PM - 12 June, 2017
Quote:
so if I buy the serato DJ suite, that includes the club kit as well?

I say that because there is no mention of the club kit on the serato DJ suite page.
it just says:

"Serato DJ Suite includes:

• Serato DJ
• Serato Video
• Serato DVS
• Serato FX Pack
• Serato Flip
• Serato Pitch 'n Time DJ. "

Yep the Serato DJ and Serato DVS license are what the Club Kit is comprised of.
Serato, Support
Jordan L 10:02 PM - 12 June, 2017
Quote:
I had a horrible experience after paying 99$ for the dvs on a 900 nexus2 last night. Kernel panics, till the sound buffered out and went robotic. Serato, why should we pay more money for a software/hardware system that is unstable at best?

Hey man,

I personally use the Club Kit with the 900 NXS 2 almost every weekend and don't run into any issues. Do you know what firmware version the mixer is running? If you haven't already opened a help request I would advise to do so, our support team will help you out :)

support.serato.com

Cheers.
Glass Dee Entertainment Atlanta DJ 3:47 AM - 20 June, 2017
My Pioneer S9 is working with Serato DJ 1.96, Now my Nexus2 not working with it. It say it will connect to it in 1 minute and my NXS2 don't connect. SMH