Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ x Pioneer SRT flashing USB light issue

heathcliffpang 12:25 PM - 11 June, 2017
Ok so last night was a new one for me...

Last week I updated my Mac OS to Sierra (unwillingly but still), so my weekend jobs I updated the drivers on both Pioneer mixers I was using, the latter a SRT which I use every Saturday.

It worked fine, no problems at all.

Then last night upon setting up I was greeted by the flashing green light of hell on this SRT, it would not connect at all.

I tried 2 different USB cables, I tried both USB slots on my MacBook Pro and nothing.

Fortunately I at least had some controls midi mapped to the mixer so I could work in internal mode (for the public, fine, for me, boring beyond belief).

So I could get the job done, I stayed behind after once the lights were on and tried to figure it out.

Nothing at all.

I got home and plugged my laptop into my own mixer and everything worked fine.

I really need to sort this for next Sat but don't really want to go down to the venue midweek in my own time...

Anyone had this problem before and can offer the solution??

Thanks!!
heathcliffpang 12:36 PM - 11 June, 2017
Just thinking what would happen if I connect my SL3 box to the SRT??
DJ Tecniq 12:43 PM - 11 June, 2017
Did you update the firmware on the venues srt? Odd it worked fine for your mixer but not venue's. Serato has had quite a few connection issues with Sierra. Not good
heathcliffpang 12:52 PM - 11 June, 2017
Yeah man I did, the week before, and it worked fine... Then last night I got nothing.

I've downloaded the firmware again and saved it on my desktop to try again next week.

To add, so the light remained flashing all night and I was able to connect in internal mode but the turntables wouldn't be recognised at all.

The light remained flashing whether the turntable phono leads were connected or otherwise.
Serato, Support
Jordan L 10:05 PM - 11 June, 2017
Hey there,

What are the specs of the computer you're using?

Cheers.
heathcliffpang 8:15 AM - 12 June, 2017
Hi Jordan,

MacBook Pro - Early 2011
2.3 ghz Intel Core i5
4gb Ram

Thing is, this works fine at home and worked fine the first time I updated to Sierra 10.12.5 even using the SRT.

Then Saturday night it wasn't working at all.

Thanks

Lee
Serato, Support
Jordan L 10:00 PM - 12 June, 2017
Hey,

Have you downloaded the driver for Sierra from the bottom of page at the link below.

www.pioneerdj.com

Cheers.
pdidy 7:38 AM - 13 June, 2017
Just curious what kind of mixer are you testing with at home ?
heathcliffpang 10:23 PM - 13 June, 2017
Hi Jordan, yeah I downloaded this the first time I used the SRT again after updating to Sierra, it worked fine... I have downloaded again and saved to my desktop, I'll try and install again once I connect ti the SRT this Sat...

If this still doesn't work will my SL3 function properly running into an SRT??

pdidy at home I have the Pioneer 750, of which both my USBs function fine with the USB slot on the mixer, as does my SL3 running into my laptop/mixer.

I tried this literally as soon as I came home to check after my gig, worked fine then as it did before I headed out prior.
Serato, Support
Jordan L 10:24 PM - 13 June, 2017
Quote:
Hi Jordan, yeah I downloaded this the first time I used the SRT again after updating to Sierra, it worked fine... I have downloaded again and saved to my desktop, I'll try and install again once I connect ti the SRT this Sat...

If this still doesn't work will my SL3 function properly running into an SRT??

pdidy at home I have the Pioneer 750, of which both my USBs function fine with the USB slot on the mixer, as does my SL3 running into my laptop/mixer.

I tried this literally as soon as I came home to check after my gig, worked fine then as it did before I headed out prior.

Yea, you could use the SL-3 plugged into the SRT. But half the reason you'd use an SRT is to avoid having to use an interface.

Let us know how you get on.
heathcliffpang 10:30 PM - 13 June, 2017
Well yeah, I have done for the past couple of years at this spot, not much good to me if it isn't connecting from the mixer to my MacBook though is it... At least the SL3 is a back up I can work with for now if it is a new Sierra issue with the SRT.