Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

Serato dj not detecting pioneer ddj sb2

Ervin Oates 4:51 PM - 7 June, 2017
Why is it that Serato intro worked fine with the pioneer ddj sb2 controller but when I download the full version it's not received a signal? Seems to be a popular glitch that Serato doesn't want to own up to if something was not compatible the software should have detected it right away with the intro now Serato is not responding to a refund
DJ Tecniq 4:37 PM - 18 June, 2017
The SB2 works freely with Serato Intro in order to use it with Serato DJ you have to pay for a SDJ license. You should be able to try the 14 day trial if it's available. Your controller is an entry level controller it is not compatible with Serato DJ unless you upgrade to Serato DJ.
Serato, Support
Marcus S 2:59 AM - 6 July, 2017
Hey there Ervin,

Techniq is right - please start a trial to give Serato DJ a go. If you're still having issues getting it working after starting a trial, please run through the steps in these connection guides:

Mac: support.serato.com

Windows: support.serato.com
Nocturnal Ron 9:35 PM - 20 July, 2017
And what if I already own Serato Dj? Do I really have to buy it again?
Serato, Support
Marcus S 9:58 PM - 20 July, 2017
Hi Nocturnal Ron.

Please ensure you're signed into Serato DJ with the account that you've used to purchase a Serato DJ licence, and activate it in the My Serato window.

If your Serato DJ licence is not appearing and you're being prompted to purchase again, then it's likely that you've already activated it on two computers already. In this case, please go back to these two computers and deactivate the licence in the My Serato window. If you don't have access to these computers anymore, please open a help request and our support team can deactivate the licence for you.
Nocturnal Ron 10:11 PM - 20 July, 2017
Thanks. Can you send me that support email please? Its still asking if I want a trial version. I just want my loops and cue points back.
Serato, Support
Marcus S 10:31 PM - 20 July, 2017
Hey Nocturnal Ron,

Please open a help request using the green help request button at the right-hand side of this page and we'll be able to help - please use the email address that your licence is registered to.
DJ Tecniq 11:33 PM - 20 July, 2017
Quote:
Did you purchase SDJ? What hardware were you using with Serato DJ before the SB2?
Nocturnal Ron 11:39 PM - 20 July, 2017
Thanks DJ Tecniq , Im speaking with Serato right now. I was using the AMX which is really cool.
DJ Tecniq 11:41 PM - 20 July, 2017
Quote:
Thanks DJ Tecniq , Im speaking with Serato right now. I was using the AMX which is really cool.
Then you never bought Serato DJ. The AMX is a plug n play device that does not mean other products you purchase will unlock them for SDJ use.
DJ Tecniq 11:44 PM - 20 July, 2017
Basically the AMX purchase unlocks SDJ for that device only. This does not mean your SB2 will work freely with SDJ you still need to purchase a SDJ license to fully use your SB2 with Serato DJ. Does that make sense?
Nocturnal Ron 11:46 PM - 20 July, 2017
DJ Tecniq Yes, and that makes me sad.
DJ Tecniq 11:52 PM - 20 July, 2017
Quote:
DJ Tecniq Yes, and that makes me sad.
I feel you. I have the SB2 also and had to purchase a SDJ license for full SDJ use. That's the only gripe about buying the cheaper controllers they only work with Serato DJ Intro software you still have to purchase a Serato DJ license for them to work with their advanced SDJ software. It's all marketing bro that's how they get you. But once you buy the license you can now use any Serato product that isn't supported for Serato DJ.
Nocturnal Ron 11:54 PM - 20 July, 2017
Thanks DJ Tecniq, yeah; thats not very nice but also brilliant at the same time.
Nocturnal Ron 11:56 PM - 20 July, 2017
DJ Tecniq So do I have to make all new cue points and loops as well? Please tell me "no".
DJ Tecniq 12:01 AM - 21 July, 2017
Quote:
DJ Tecniq So do I have to make all new cue points and loops as well? Please tell me "no".
Not at all once you pay for the SDJ license all your loops,cues and track info should be saved. If it works that way with the intro software you should have no problem.
DJ Tecniq 12:06 AM - 21 July, 2017
Sometimes Serato has a sale and you can get a SDJ license for 50% off. Originally $99 for a license. But it's random when they have their sale and usually post the ad on their Facebook page.
Nocturnal Ron 12:07 AM - 21 July, 2017
Ok thanks DJ Tecniq.
Nocturnal Ron 12:33 AM - 21 July, 2017
I try downloading Serato Dj through the Serato intro page but after download still does not recognize controller. What am i doing wrong now?
Nocturnal Ron 12:34 AM - 21 July, 2017
Apologies;I tried downloading Serato Dj trial version through the Serato intro page but after download still does not recognize controller. What am i doing wrong now?
DJ Tecniq 2:28 AM - 21 July, 2017
Quote:
Apologies;I tried downloading Serato Dj trial version through the Serato intro page but after download still does not recognize controller. What am i doing wrong now?
Try this link
support.serato.com
DJ Tecniq 2:29 AM - 21 July, 2017
You should be able to activate the trial through the software offline not the website.
Serato, Support
Marcus S 9:43 PM - 23 July, 2017
Hey Nocturnal Ron,

We'll be able to help you connect your controller and help find your missing cue points and loops if you open a help request, which you can do on this page.
Lucas Pereira 5:23 PM - 9 August, 2018
hola queria hacer una consulta, me compre la sb3 y supustamente viene con serato lite lo descargue pero no me lo toma el serato. me fije en los drivers y solo aparecen los drivers de sb1 y sb2. busque los drivers en la pagina lola descargue y aun asi no me toma el controlador tengo windows 7 y una pc que la compre hace poco. espero una respuesta gracias.
John McC 9:00 PM - 22 April, 2019
Quote:

That's my issue, I've bought the license. It should be working.