Serato Software Feature Suggestions

What features would you like to see in Serato software?

Are there any Royalty fees paid to a candidate who submits ideas on this forrum?

DJMETRO LOS ANGELES 6:45 PM - 6 June, 2017
I have a great idea for a add on to Serato but want to know if there are any royalty fees or compensations prior to submitting anything on here. My idea is solid and i feel it would be wortgh your time and interest. Let me know.

Thanks
Hanginon 4:19 AM - 7 June, 2017
I doubt it - they have a poor record of responding to FREE ideas!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 5:47 AM - 7 June, 2017
Hey DJMETRO LOS ANGELES,

Serato does not offer anything like this sorry. Often when users pitch us ideas we have already considered them, so it could create a tricky situation. If you think you have an idea which could generate you revenue it's probably best you don't tell us what it is :)

All the best!
Michael.
DJ Unique 5:52 AM - 7 June, 2017
Quote:
...... If you think you have an idea which could generate you revenue it's probably best you don't tell us what it is.....

HaHaHa
vjMeely 4:29 PM - 8 June, 2017
Whats more amazing is that Serato can respond to a post like this within a day and never respond to other posts that beg Serato for a response. SMH
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 10:50 PM - 8 June, 2017
We may not reply but we're always watching :) As always with feature requests we never promise anything but we definitely pay attention!
DJMETRO LOS ANGELES 4:31 AM - 9 September, 2017
well if you would have thought about it prior to my attempts to try and share this simple non complex idea, i wouldn't be triying to share it with you guys but i understand and maybe your right, maybe its best to keep it to myself or perhaps ill just share it with Native Instruments or Rekordbox. Who knows they may take interest and take a liking to it. Thank You
DJMETRO LOS ANGELES 4:38 AM - 9 September, 2017
By the way. If anyone knows of any good audio software engineers or developers. HMU a partnered deal is better then no deal. We can split the rewards. Lol .. Real talk
VP 5:38 PM - 12 September, 2017
even corporations have their employees sign that whatever the employees come up with is part of the corporations intellectual property.
the guys working for serato too come up with ideas but don't get no royalties so why should some person on the net?

if you feel you have something ground breaking it's better to set up your own software.

besides, some of these software companies are so slow in implementing features that it's almost pointless sharing your ideas with them.
Spontaneous Mixx 6:16 PM - 12 September, 2017
Quote:
even corporations have their employees sign that whatever the employees come up with is part of the corporations intellectual property.
the guys working for serato too come up with ideas but don't get no royalties so why should some person on the net?

if you feel you have something ground breaking it's better to set up your own software.

besides, some of these software companies are so slow in implementing features that it's almost pointless sharing your ideas with them.

Even though this is true, that is in its nature a different relationship. Employees are working on company time and being compensated for time spent at work, therefore the product of that work, whether tangible or intellectual, are paid for and belong to the company by virtue of the fact that the individual is under the company's employ.

That wouldn't apply to DJMetro if he's not a Serato employee... if he invented a technology that could be licensed and incorporated into SeratoDJ, then he would be subject to collecting licensing fees.

With that being said, DJMetro... if your idea is so good, you should develop it yourself, patent it, and be able to show it off as a proof of concept. If it's good enough, maybe DVS developers will be willing to pay you license the technology. This happened with zPlane, Ms Pinky, and others.
DJMETRO LOS ANGELES 12:45 AM - 4 October, 2017
@ Spontaneous Mixx - Thanks bro. I truely appreciate the heads up on what steps may be necessary to try and bring this idea to life. I think it is one that is definitely worth persuing and i believe i will go ahead and take your up advice and keep you posted on any developments that should arise. Mich appreciated brother. Thank you