DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Wireless Mics

DeeJay Arvis 12:14 AM - 6 June, 2017
Hello People! So, I am in need of two wireless microphones that I can use with my DDJ SR pioneer controller. Unfortunately, I do not have the budget/capability to plug the microphones directly into my PA system. I was wondering if anyone has had experience with using a wireless mic and plugging the receiver into the MIC input on the controller itself? If so, what are some good budget mics that I should look at? (They will primarily be used to announce things, give speeches at a wedding).
DJ Reflex 1:55 AM - 6 June, 2017
Yes, you can plug a wireless mic unit into your controller. Just be sure to get one with balanced XLR output. If you're on a budget, Digital Reference brand is decent (Guitar Center). Also, Sure and Senheiser have pretty good models, but a bit more expensive.
pdidy 6:00 AM - 6 June, 2017
Laz219 11:04 AM - 6 June, 2017
Was it the SX or the SR with really bad mic inputs?

If it's mostly just for speeches, you'll find plenty of good dual mic systems with a single output.
JDforKing 12:17 PM - 6 June, 2017

I have 5 gtd audio microphone systems and overall I'm happy with them.
DeeJay Arvis 1:44 PM - 6 June, 2017
Sweet! Thanks for all of these recommendations! The dual mic systems that some of you have posted, how would they actually hook up to my controller? It would be fine just to use one 1/4 to connect the reciever to the controller right? (The SR only has a 1/4 input on the front of the controller)
pdidy 1:57 PM - 6 June, 2017
Quote:
Sweet! Thanks for all of these recommendations! The dual mic systems that some of you have posted, how would they actually hook up to my controller? It would be fine just to use one 1/4 to connect the reciever to the controller right? (The SR only has a 1/4 input on the front of the controller)

it has Two XLR individual outputs and one 1/4" Mixed output so you're good to go.
Manny C dot com 7:09 PM - 3 March, 2018
Quote:
Was it the SX or the SR with really bad mic inputs?

It was the original DDJ-SX, but a 15db microphone attenuator will fix that.
See this link:
www.ebay.com