Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Using Video Plug-in on decks 3 & 4

djwalterdeans 8:34 PM - 3 June, 2017
Since my s9 is temporarily out of order I have to DJ a video gig tonight using the SL4. The problem is only outputs 3 & 4 work reliably on my SL4. Video works with channels 1 & 2, but not 3 & 4 when I just tested it.

Is there a setting I've overlooked that would allow me to DJ video using decks 3 & 4 instead of decks 1 & 2, or is it just not possible?
popnwave 11:20 PM - 3 June, 2017
Not yet, nothing out there does 4 deck video mixing that I know of..
DJ Tecniq 2:45 PM - 5 June, 2017
Video mixing is only 2 deck platform.
KateUptonNYC 3:25 AM - 6 June, 2017
Quote:
Not yet, nothing out there does 4 deck video mixing that I know of..

It's possible with Mixemergency, but not with Serato Video. You would need a DJ Controller that supports two USB inputs and two laptops connected via Cat5. This is not perfect though since you would have to mix in and out the sides and use both laptops. For back to back it would be cool though.

You can always get the SVM mixer but then you are stuck at 4:3 aspect ratio.

After that, you get to professional grade equipment.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 3:40 AM - 6 June, 2017
Or just use VDJ........
KateUptonNYC 3:55 AM - 6 June, 2017
Quote:
Or just use VDJ........

On PC it's possible however newer controllers don't behave as intended using Virtual DJ. This may be intentional from a hardware standpoint since ecosystems are getting more and more close nit, making it harder to map buttons properly.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 11:12 PM - 6 June, 2017
What controllers are these??

I've used everything from a Pioneer DDJSB to a SZ along with most Pioneer mixers and have yet to run into problems.
KateUptonNYC 11:52 PM - 6 June, 2017
Quote:
What controllers are these??

I've used everything from a Pioneer DDJSB to a SZ along with most Pioneer mixers and have yet to run into problems.

Any midi mappable device post 2015/16

midi mappable turntables for instance from Reloop are notoriously bad.
the SOUNDINSURGENT 4:23 PM - 8 June, 2017
Hmm not sure what your talking about because I use those tables pretty much on a daily basis with a Pioneer DJM 850 and sometimes a DDJ SP1 trouble free.

Anyways this is the Serato forum so I guess if you need help with VDJ just shoot me a PM 🤙🏾
KateUptonNYC 5:18 PM - 8 June, 2017
Quote:
Hmm not sure what your talking about because I use those tables pretty much on a daily basis with a Pioneer DJM 850 and sometimes a DDJ SP1 trouble free.

Anyways this is the Serato forum so I guess if you need help with VDJ just shoot me a PM 🤙🏾

Reloop turntables* I should of prefrefaced.

I use Resolume and MixEmergency now. Serato Video is great, but to limited for the events that I do. Great for battle guys though.
KateUptonNYC 5:23 PM - 8 June, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Reloop turntables* I should of prefrefaced.

I use Resolume and MixEmergency now. Serato Video is great, but to limited for the events that I do. Great for battle guys though.

Again, as I stated, it seems to be a new hardware issue than an old hardware issue. (SP1 and 850 are older devices).
the SOUNDINSURGENT 8:41 PM - 8 June, 2017
Yes I knew your talking about Reloop turntables and that's what I use with VDJ daily with no problems but yeah anyways good luck 👍🏾
Lou Dj 4:38 AM - 11 June, 2017
the same problem :-(
djwalterdeans 3:24 AM - 14 June, 2017
I'm not trying to DJ on 4 decks at once just on decks 3 & 4 instead of decks 1 & 2. Doesn't look like that's an option though.
KateUptonNYC 9:41 PM - 20 June, 2017
Quote:
I'm not trying to DJ on 4 decks at once just on decks 3 & 4 instead of decks 1 & 2. Doesn't look like that's an option though.

Maybe you could set your controller for USB for channels 3 and 4 and the other two to line? Let me try it on my set up right now.

I'll post back shortly.
KateUptonNYC 9:47 PM - 20 June, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

Maybe you could set your controller for USB for channels 3 and 4 and the other two to line? Let me try it on my set up right now.

I'll post back shortly.

Does not seem to work. Appears that you can only use channel 1 and 2 for mixing
djwalterdeans 5:37 PM - 21 June, 2017
Yeah it looks that way, but the s9 is back so all is good for me it's not the end of the world. Big thank you to everyone who replied and took the time to try to help!