Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

Serato DJ Intro and OBS

OneSeventyOut 12:49 PM - 3 June, 2017
Hello :)

Has anyone had any issues with their PC/USB connections locking up when running OBS and DJ Intro? I am looking to use OBS to broadcast but when I have both running, everything locks up (the time this takes seems to vary), I lose connection to my keyboard and mouse (both running USB) and the DJ Intro software loses connection to the my controller. I have disabled the power settings to the PC does not turn off the USB to save power.

I am running DJIntro 1.2.8, OBS 19.0.2, Windows 10 Home (64bit)

Any ideas?
DJ Tecniq 4:32 PM - 18 June, 2017
If you're getting lock ups/freezes that's usually a sign your computer is under specs. So what are the full specs of your machine? SDJ 1.8 and above versions all require a iprocessor which it sounds like you don't have. If you want to do multitasking you need a laptop that can handle multiple applications.
OneSeventyOut 8:53 AM - 20 June, 2017
Hi :)

I tracked it down to a powered USB hub I was using. As soon as I removed that, I've had no issues since :)
DJ Tecniq 3:04 PM - 20 June, 2017
Quote:

I tracked it down to a powered USB hub I was using. As soon as I removed that, I've had no issues since :)
Good to hear
Zeena Christy 10:48 AM - 23 November, 2017
Hi everyone,
I am mixing in Serato DJ and want to stream with OBS, but so far, i cannot get any sound.
Would you be able to help me with the settings ? I would be very grateful.

My laptop is connected to the DDJ -SX2 via USB and since OBS is not compatible with the ASIO drivers of Serato, i connected an RCA from the booth output to a small USB sound card and then to the laptop. I have tried various combinations of settings in the Control Panel /Sound as well as the settings of OBS. The only time sound is streamed is when i set the mic in OBS to Realtek High Definition, but that actually picks sound from the room and not from the connected cables, so it's low quality.
I've seen some people in the forum here that managed to get sound with cables, so there should be a way out. I am glad i found this thread open so i can ask .
Can you please help me out ? What are the correct settings in the control panel and OBS ?
I would be very grateful .
OneSeventyOut 4:13 PM - 23 November, 2017
Quote:
Hi everyone,
I am mixing in Serato DJ and want to stream with OBS, but so far, i cannot get any sound.
Would you be able to help me with the settings ? I would be very grateful.

My laptop is connected to the DDJ -SX2 via USB and since OBS is not compatible with the ASIO drivers of Serato, i connected an RCA from the booth output to a small USB sound card and then to the laptop. I have tried various combinations of settings in the Control Panel /Sound as well as the settings of OBS. The only time sound is streamed is when i set the mic in OBS to Realtek High Definition, but that actually picks sound from the room and not from the connected cables, so it's low quality.
I've seen some people in the forum here that managed to get sound with cables, so there should be a way out. I am glad i found this thread open so i can ask .
Can you please help me out ? What are the correct settings in the control panel and OBS ?
I would be very grateful .

I use a USB sound card (Behringer UCA 202 USB sound card to be exact) I connect my controller (also a DDJ-SX2) to it using audio cables then connect it to my machine via the USB. Windows detects it as a sound device (recording) which I then add as a source in OBS.

I've packed it all down as I'm moving house but if you have any further questions, or want to see it set up to get an idea, send me a private message here and I'll help if I can once it's all set back up again :)
Zeena Christy 11:57 AM - 27 November, 2017
Hi and thank you for taking the time to explain .
I don't know why, but the platform does not recognize you as 'contact' therefore won't let me send a private msg.
Nevermind,
I managed to get audio by using a good quality RCA from booth output to the mic jack of the laptop. Also ordered a soundcard, so hopefully will sound a lot better. The Behringer seems a very good quality card for its price, defo in my ny next purchase list.

When you set it all back up again and have time, i'd like to know where do you add it as a source in OBS ? in Desktop Audio or Mic settings ? And do i need to change anything in the windows sound settings ?

Also, another thing i wonder is if i can send audio both to the PA system and the soundcard from a smaller controller, such as the DDJ-SB2 or DDJ-RB, who have only one Master Output port.

Many thanks again for your time, good luck to your new home
If you have an artist or soundcloud page, let me know so i can support as a thank you.