Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Hackintosh & Serato DJ

lazy soul 1:04 PM - 31 May, 2017
Hello,
Is anyone here using a Hackintosh for serato ? What are the issues (if there are any)? Which machine are you using ?
Thanks
DjSyndic8 1:38 AM - 1 June, 2017
Quote:
Hello,
Is anyone here using a Hackintosh for serato ? What are the issues (if there are any)? Which machine are you using ?
Thanks

I used this on my Hp probook and it worked like a dream its the cheaper option to using Mac Google search your laptop brand theres plenty of places that will show you how to do this... I have a macbook pro now so I dont need to hakntosh but go for it serato will run much more stable on hackintosh especially if you have a lot of music files good luck
mixgoonie 8:15 AM - 1 June, 2017
Hello,

I am also using at home with a Iatkos, just note and that is important, is that you need to load at least once all the effects or you will have a stutter the first time you will use them.
mixgoonie 9:05 AM - 1 June, 2017
Don't forget that wifi with Hackintosh is generally not working or you need an external adaptor...
skinnyguy 8:10 PM - 1 June, 2017
Quote:
.... serato will run much more stable on hackintosh especially if you have a lot of music files good luck

it's like 2008 all over again.

yet, more proof that it's not the hardware that makes serato run smooth. it's the coding and possibly the os. sdj just runs better on mac os.
mixgoonie 5:22 AM - 2 June, 2017
This is for me bullshit,

On the same laptop I have hackintosh and Windows 8 ( replace the hd) and sdj on windows 8 is not crashing every time I close the app like on El capitan
popnwave 8:16 PM - 2 June, 2017
Wait, you can't complain about El Cap crashing on a hackintosh...
mixgoonie 8:13 AM - 3 June, 2017
It is not crashing on my MacBook that remains on el capitan...
pdidy 9:47 PM - 4 June, 2017
Nobody uses el captain it's common knowledge that is complete shit. Lol