Software help archive

A read-only archive of old serato.com help threads.

sales: charged for shipping without shipping anything

Product
Video-SL
Version
Video-SL
Scratch Live
Hardware
Ortofon | Serato S-120
Computer
PC
OS
Platform
-
DJStevieP 1:22 PM - 15 June, 2009
Product: video-sl
Computer: pc
OS Version: vistasp1
---

I may or may not have to speak to sales regarding my issue here, however I figured I'd try here as well.

I purchased the online download-only version of Video SL on Saturday, for the above serial number, but I was still charged an exorbitant $33US shipping fee. How is this possible? One of the reasons for getting the download version was to save on shipping. You were not required to ship anything to me, so where did the $33 come from? I assume it was an error and it will be refunded, but I thought I would at least ask.

Also, are there any tips with getting Video SL running smoothly on a Vista-based laptop with the Intel X3100HD video adapter? I tried it briefly over the weekend and I was getting extremely slow framerates. My laptop is Core 2 Duo based and has 2GB of ram, so I expected much better. If you have any tips feel free to list them.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 11:11 PM - 15 June, 2009
Hi DJStevieP,

If you've been charged shipping for a download only order then yes you should definitely be refunded. If you contact the sales team by emailing sales@serato.com they can sort this for you :)

Quote:
Also, are there any tips with getting Video SL running smoothly on a Vista-based laptop with the Intel X3100HD video adapter? I tried it briefly over the weekend and I was getting extremely slow framerates. My laptop is Core 2 Duo based and has 2GB of ram, so I expected much better. If you have any tips feel free to list them.

What are the specs of your graphics card? Also what format are your video files?
DJStevieP 4:54 PM - 7 July, 2009
I believe it has been sorted out, thank you Michael.

What are the specs of the graphics card? Well, it's an integrated Intel card (which truth be told I knew there would be no effects, but I had no idea it would be so laggy!)

The card itself can take 358mb of memory and is one of the (subjectively) better integrated Intel cards. However, at 10-15fps, even after a driver upgrade, my MP4 files are useless. If you've got any other suggestions (aside from v-sync, which I used your site's guide to enable) please let me know... as it's completely unplayable at this point.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 11:03 PM - 7 July, 2009
Quote:
Well, it's an integrated Intel card (which truth be told I knew there would be no effects, but I had no idea it would be so laggy!)

Video-SL is very GPU intensive and unfortunately most inegrated graphics cards can't cope.

You could try changing these settings in the Video-SL setup screen:
Change the output quality to "medium" or "low".
Uncheck "use frame blending".
Uncheck "use v-sync".
Increase the buffer size.
1:11 AM, 2 Aug 2010
This help request has been closed due to inactivity.