Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Did Serato Forum Just Got Taken Over By Chinese Hackers????

DjSyndic8 5:34 PM - 22 May, 2017
Please Remove These Post Admin They Are So Annoying
DjSyndic8 5:37 PM - 22 May, 2017
I think Admin should only Allow users to post after 48 hours of signing up and only allow 3 newly created discussions a day that will combat this kinda behavior spamming 14 pages of the Forum what do u guys think?
DJ Tecniq 5:43 PM - 22 May, 2017
I think Admin needs to be fired.
hersh20 6:28 PM - 22 May, 2017
holy crap! HA! what happened here guys!?
DJ Unique 7:59 PM - 22 May, 2017
Quote:

Yes... LOL
DJ Tecniq 9:42 PM - 22 May, 2017
I blame Kim Jong Un...
DJ Unique 11:55 PM - 22 May, 2017
Quote:
I blame Kim Jong Un...

LOL
DjSyndic8 12:06 AM - 23 May, 2017
Quote:
We seemed to have gotten hit hard overnight. Cleaned up now.

thanks Admin
Sharod 2:13 AM - 23 May, 2017
Their back again
djcrap 11:10 AM - 23 May, 2017
Quote:
Thanks. looks like a couple new ones have come crawled through since we swept this morning. Taken care of now.

There is still more today too

This is getting ridiculous
Milos Cejovic 11:45 AM - 23 May, 2017
Quote:

Admin is person who have 100% control over the forum. Admin on forum is Law & Order :D
Some admins know about programing and others dont. Its about webmasters, people who maintain the site.
Hackers just find out "backdoor" ( mistakes in codes, bugs.. ) and they easily can spam.
Sometimes it is easy to fix, and sometimes its not.

Its not admins mistake, its mistake in codes and hosting server. This is not really hacking at all, its just kids, playing around with codes and programs in their spare time. Why? Spare time and goal to learn to hack.

You can also do that, its not that hard. Real hacking is when you hack into bank network and steal money.
CMOS 12:09 PM - 23 May, 2017
At what point do you stop just sweeping the floor and start to change the locks.

Uncontrolled spam is how a lot of forums die.
akakak 12:33 PM - 23 May, 2017
Not looking very under control to me. Funny how we have no ability to edit posts and other user-hostile "features", but you're not able to defend against spam.

Disappoint.
DjSyndic8 5:38 PM - 23 May, 2017
these guys are relentless I also think it is automated... I have a suspicion that this could be done by the opposition maybe Virtual DJ maybe??

This is why this forum needs to change its rules and only allow a user to post 3 times within 48hrs so this does not get under control.
DjSyndic8 5:39 PM - 23 May, 2017
Quote:
so this does not get under control.

sorry "so Serato can get this under control"
DJ Tecniq 5:40 PM - 23 May, 2017
This is getting crazy! They keep popping up. Get better security. Sorry but not sorry.
DJ Tecniq 5:43 PM - 23 May, 2017
Just shut the forum down and do some maintenance. Fire your Geocities web developer.
Logisticalstyles 7:47 PM - 23 May, 2017
Quote:
At what point do you stop just sweeping the floor and start to change the locks.

Uncontrolled spam is how a lot of forums die.

Yep, time to make some changes.
DjSyndic8 2:45 AM - 24 May, 2017
Quote:
Yeah nah we're not gonna fire anyone. We're looking into this spam issue at the moment.

lol Kane always quick to fire someone ay like thats gonna solve the issue :)
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 2:49 AM - 24 May, 2017
Kane is kind, I think it was DJ Tecniq who was out for blood ;)
DjSyndic8 3:17 AM - 24 May, 2017
Quote:
Kane is kind, I think it was DJ Tecniq who was out for blood ;)

I know brother DJ Tecniq :)
DJ Marv the Maverick 7:09 AM - 24 May, 2017
If it's this easy to spam I wonder if they ve gotten user details too.
akakak 7:14 AM - 24 May, 2017
Quote:

That doesn't seem a reasonable assumption or a logical leap.
Telony Ex 1:49 PM - 24 May, 2017
Yeah the forum just got taken
DJ Tecniq 2:39 PM - 24 May, 2017
They are back again. Serato get your shit together or fix echo-out and I'll remove myself from the forum. - Concerned user
SirForce 6:21 PM - 24 May, 2017
#fixserato.com ;)
DJ Tecniq 6:41 PM - 24 May, 2017
Quote:
#fixserato.com ;)
Lol burn
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 10:22 PM - 24 May, 2017
Quote:

I can assure you that your details are safe. These are just people logging in and posting spam, there have been no attempts to compromise our site and it's data.
DjSyndic8 10:59 PM - 24 May, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

I can assure you that your details are safe. These are just people logging in and posting spam, there have been no attempts to compromise our site and it's data.

then it could be a diversion Michael
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 1:03 AM - 25 May, 2017
Anything's possible I guess. From what I've seen they are just trying to sell fake diplomas and health supplements ;)
DJ Tecniq 7:37 AM - 25 May, 2017
The Chinese are back. #whileyouweresleeping this forum will be done soon. Surrender to Kim Jong Un🙌🏼
DJ Tecniq 7:50 AM - 25 May, 2017
Side note: I am perfectly ok with the forum like this if you fix echo-out🙏🏼
DjSyndic8 7:50 AM - 25 May, 2017
Quote:
Anything's possible I guess. From what I've seen they are just trying to sell fake diplomas and health supplements ;)

i guess the other way to handle it Michael is hire more mods to clean this up:)
djcrap 9:12 PM - 25 May, 2017
Quote:

This spam issue needs to be addressed asap! Before it gets out of control

It would be a sad day at serato hq if you guys wake up on morning after a long weekend! Only to find support 60,0000 tickets assigned to Chinese spam mixed in with the real support tickets.

Just sayin
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 1:30 AM - 26 May, 2017
Quote:

Agreed, we are working on this as we speak!

Quote:
It would be a sad day at serato hq if you guys wake up on morning after a long weekend! Only to find support 60,0000 tickets assigned to Chinese spam mixed in with the real support tickets.

Luckily we don't do support through the forum anymore so this isn't a problem :)
SirForce 2:13 AM - 26 May, 2017
Quote:

What do you consider out of control ? #OMG
DjSyndic8 1:06 PM - 26 May, 2017
maybe if we just ignore it these guys will go away
DJJOHNNYM_vSL3 2:31 PM - 28 May, 2017
I can assure you these are not "People" logging in and creating these accounts....
DjSyndic8 5:38 PM - 28 May, 2017
Quote:
I can assure you these are not "People" logging in and creating these accounts....

automated nano bots running a mock that's why you have to put up these pictures and numbers so that only humans can read them
akakak 6:48 PM - 28 May, 2017
They're not "nanobots running amock". They're "botnets" - groups of computers that have been compromised and being controlled remotely, automatically creating accounts in order to spam the internet.

And CAPTCHAs should not be the answer. They're easy to break, and exclude people with poor eyesight.

That said, Serato already completely excludes people with low vision or blindness, which is such a shame since DJing can be a great source of empowerment and joy for everyone.
Serato, Forum Moderator
Eru G 9:52 PM - 28 May, 2017
Quote:

I can absolutely assure you that they are.

People are creating the accounts and then offloading the authentication details to scripts which do all the posting.
DjSyndic8 6:33 AM - 29 May, 2017
Quote:
They're "botnets" - groups of computers that have .

lol lil botnets I dont think these clowns are that sophisticated