Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Auto Cue Points from MIK 8

Alex Dizzle 1:23 AM - 19 May, 2017
Mixed-in-Key 8 seems to be setting auto-cue points in reasonable locations, and in sync with the beatgrid.

However when I import the tracks into Serato, every cue point is offset before the ideal location. Each cue point is a few fractions of a second earlier than it should be. Correct otherwise

Anybody know how to fix this? I've heard MIK is garbage for everything but key detection... but it seems so close to being decent with this cue-point setting.

Thanks in advance,
DJTorchmusic 5:36 PM - 1 July, 2019
Did you ever resolve this issue? I was thinking about getting MIK but what would be the point if I had to correct all those cue points. If it was me I may try to set the quantize feature in Serato to the "off" position OR to it's most incremental setting (i.e. 32/64). Maybe MIK is lining up it's beats with a different algo that doesn't match with Serato's?
popnwave 5:58 PM - 1 July, 2019
Don't do it.. it's a garbage feature.

The key detection and other stuff is spot on, that dumb AUTO CUE POINT thing is worthless imho.
deejdave 12:02 AM - 2 July, 2019
It has been fixed since. I was having similar issue. MIK has actually come a ways with this feature. It now supports drag and lock feature for cue points as well as corrected this issue......... for me at least. I will always "cue out" the tracks I intend to use but this is great to get cue points for entire library including starting cue point, vocal start, beat drop and break which it more often than not does spot on.
YZ 8:50 PM - 2 July, 2019
That mixed in key app single handed'ly f'd my entire library with their bullshit auto-cue feature. If you play anything but hand waiving A-B-A-B knobby twist music it ain't gonna work.
deejdave 12:25 AM - 3 July, 2019
Well truth be told if you actually tried this on a library that was not backed up I'd say only one person is truly responsible for F-ing up your library. Furthermore sounds like you tried this early on as you would have heard from plenty to NOT use this feature until the issues were squeezed out which they have been. This works on most music that follow patterns and algorithms but will not work on most other stuff. Luckily most music that is actually used in DJ sets do follow beats and patterns and such.
popnwave 3:03 AM - 3 July, 2019
What got me is last time I updated it was on by default and it took me a couple of days later when I played a set to go WTF was up with all these extra cue points lol.

Def not useful for my indie/alternative dance stuff, but I do my first round of tag editing with it before moving it into Serato for finalizing.
deejdave 7:18 PM - 4 July, 2019
Well that would leave me with a bad taste as well for sure. When the update happened (and since then) I was all over the settings as I had to mind them for all three major DJ apps so no stone was left unturned prior to any moves.
DJTorchmusic 5:30 PM - 5 July, 2019
I'm glad to hear that it's working now. I may have to give it a spin. Too bad there's not a demo to see if I really need it but if it saves me time initially setting cue points, it's worth it. I'm crazy surprised something like this wasn't implemented in Serato, even if it just set the first cue point. Other DJ software seems to be a little more evolved when it comes to the cue feature and a few other very helpful features.
deejdave 8:20 PM - 5 July, 2019
They don't have a demo in the traditional sense but they do refund no questions asked (well maybe one or two LOL) if not satisfied though so there's that.
DJTorchmusic 7:15 PM - 16 July, 2019
I'll give it a try. The hot cues is pretty much all I'm looking for at this point so that may be a lot to pay for that feature. But, if it saves me time, then it's worth it. The tag cleanup may be helpful if it has a more direct approach that that of Beatunes. I think I'd like Beatunes more but not for "bulk" processing. I think both companies have some improvement to do in this area.
deejdave 10:35 PM - 16 July, 2019
True. If this fails there are other options. Mixvibes just introduced Cross 4 which has auto cue point placement but the real issue here is Rekord Buddy would be needed eventually to convert to Serato.
DJTorchmusic 5:58 AM - 22 July, 2019
I just tried Mixed in Key and it did okay with the dance music but hold school and some hip hop, it had no clue. Sometimes it totally missed. Maybe I just need to update to the very latest version but so far, it's getting a C-
deejdave 10:07 PM - 22 July, 2019
Yah I don't think a NASA supercomputer equipped with SW utilizing the most advanced algorithm/s could ever figure out the rhyme or reason of old school hip hop LMAO jk kind of. As for the update I seriously hope you WERE using the most recent version otherwise you basically just confirmed what we all already knew..........
DJ Tecniq 1:27 AM - 23 July, 2019
Stop being lazy and set your cue points offline🤷🏼‍♂️ I would not pay that company to auto generate cue points for me...
deejdave 1:58 AM - 23 July, 2019
For your bread n butter tracks I agree BUT there is absolutely nothing wrong with trying to save time for tracks you don't "plan" on playing. You will find when you have a family of your own and it's time to buy houses and such and things get in the way like "real" jobs (I know what the hell right?) to support it all, adding cue points on the new Taylor Swift song kind of takes a low priority............. but its still nice to have them :)

Just teasing btw.
DJ Tecniq 2:46 PM - 23 July, 2019
^ I have a house & a 2 yr old I do my offline work when he’s sleeping lol...cause he’s up the entire day😬
DJTorchmusic 8:14 PM - 29 July, 2019
Quote:
Stop being lazy and set your cue points offline🤷🏼‍♂️ I would not pay that company to auto generate cue points for me...

Tell you what? How about you stop being lazy and mix only with Vinyl? You're already "being lazy" by using Serato so I don't get your reasoning at all.
DJTorchmusic 8:18 PM - 29 July, 2019
Quote:
Yah I don't think a NASA supercomputer equipped with SW utilizing the most advanced algorithm/s could ever figure out the rhyme or reason of old school hip hop LMAO jk kind of. As for the update I seriously hope you WERE using the most recent version otherwise you basically just confirmed what we all already knew..........

lol! I agree, I noticed that ghost notes really hurt this accuracy a lot. My big issue is not being able to delete MIK cue points in Serato using "shift + cuepoint"on the rane. This is a big problem for me. My idea was to simply dump bad cue points on the fly and replace them. But, if MIK won't let you delete them via Serato, well, that's a issue for me.
deejdave 10:47 PM - 29 July, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

lol! I agree, I noticed that ghost notes really hurt this accuracy a lot. My big issue is not being able to delete MIK cue points in Serato using "shift + cuepoint"on the rane. This is a big problem for me. My idea was to simply dump bad cue points on the fly and replace them. But, if MIK won't let you delete them via Serato, well, that's a issue for me.

The alternative would be to use MIK to see the cue points you set as they have a pretty cool drag/drop placement feature where you can place cue points wherever you wish on a very usable waveform.
DJTorchmusic 11:49 PM - 29 July, 2019
It is cool, I've tried it on a bunch of the tracks. But, sometimes you just want to make changes on the fly.
deejdave 11:59 PM - 29 July, 2019
Quote:
It is cool, I've tried it on a bunch of the tracks. But, sometimes you just want to make changes on the fly.

Very understandable. As far as deleting MIK cue points in Serato this is very doable. I can literally strip an entire song of its MIK set cue points in about 2 seconds. Are you sure you do not have protect library feature selected and/or the tracks locked (you would see the lock icon on far left) as this is not how it should be. I don't mean to sound trivial or anything just trying to help. I have been with Serato so long I forget simple things all the time myself so figured its worth a shot.
DJTorchmusic 8:46 PM - 15 August, 2019
Quote:
Quote:

Very understandable. As far as deleting MIK cue points in Serato this is very doable. I can literally strip an entire song of its MIK set cue points in about 2 seconds. Are you sure you do not have protect library feature selected and/or the tracks locked (you would see the lock icon on far left) as this is not how it should be. I don't mean to sound trivial or anything just trying to help. I have been with Serato so long I forget simple things all the time myself so figured its worth a shot.

I'll take a look tonight.