Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Recording internally with 1.9.6. (5% of the Video Output frames are missing...)

arne 11:40 AM - 8 May, 2017
Hey everybody,
wanted to record a Video-Mix internally with the SDJ (1.9.6.) on a MacBook Pro Retina 13" (2.8 GHZ, 16 GB Ram, Intel Iris 1536 MB), everytime i press Rec. i get the following warning: "More than 5% of the video output frames are missing for recording. Please lower Output/Recording Quality."
So did i, i've tried Output Quality "Low" and Rec. Quality "480p" and still get the warning! Is my MacBook/Graphiccard to slow?
arne 2:24 PM - 9 May, 2017
Hi Kane,
i've tried it with a SD-Card, Result is the same, even on the lowest Specs (360p and "Poor" video Output)!
DJ Tecniq 7:18 PM - 9 May, 2017
I don't suggest recording in poor video quality it will result in looking like shit. Try a diff version of SDJ. I think it's mainly a problem with integrated video cards. My Mac has the dedicated video card (nvidia) but I don't get this error as often although it def does happen. Serato Video is not bulletproof it's very buggy imo. Just stating the truth.
arne 9:26 AM - 12 May, 2017
@Kane D set my Buffer to 1.5gb (was 1gb before), no difference!
DJ Tecniq 11:02 AM - 12 May, 2017
Quote:
@Kane D set my Buffer to 1.5gb (was 1gb before), no difference!
Try recording your video mix with syphon recorder which is free. It is less buggy than Serato Vdeo. It's unfortunate Serato will not fix the video recording bugs $200 is chump change to them. Haha
youtu.be
DJ Tecniq 11:05 AM - 12 May, 2017
Sorry I meant $100* shit used to be $200 back in the day.