Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

DDJ SB2 connecting problem?

Bijt-ijs 11:58 AM - 1 May, 2017
Okay, so I got a pioneer ddj-sb2 which works with serato. I plug it in, serato recognizes it and the little orange bar at the bottom shows "ddj sb2 is connecting, this can take up to a minute". Waited for way longer than that and still nothing happened. Any suggestions?
(PS: I'm a noob, pls don't be to hard on me ;) )
djcrap 2:47 PM - 1 May, 2017
You need to download the drivers on your laptop.

When it comes to 9.6 serato software recognizing and prompting you to download drivers for controllers or mixers this latest version sucks at that. So you have to do it manually

My guess is go to pioneer is website and look for the drivers for that controller
Bijt-ijs 4:15 PM - 1 May, 2017
Quote:
You need to download the drivers on your laptop.

When it comes to 9.6 serato software recognizing and prompting you to download drivers for controllers or mixers this latest version sucks at that. So you have to do it manually

My guess is go to pioneer is website and look for the drivers for that controller

I allready did that :/
DJ Tecniq 6:23 PM - 1 May, 2017
What operating system are you running? Assuming you are on pc as Mac doesn't need drivers?
Bijt-ijs 9:24 PM - 2 May, 2017
Quote:
What operating system are you running? Assuming you are on pc as Mac doesn't need drivers?

Yes, I'm on windows 10.
DJ Tecniq 11:10 PM - 2 May, 2017
Have you tried updating the laptop maybe check for any updates.
DJ Tecniq 11:12 PM - 2 May, 2017
Try these steps? support.serato.com
DeeJay Zero 11:59 PM - 2 May, 2017
You may also want to try disabling any anti-virus software, and windows firewall. If this solves the problem you can create an exception in the firewall for Serato, and depending on your anti-virus software you should be able to exclude Serato from it as well.
Bijt-ijs 5:25 PM - 4 May, 2017
Quote:
Try these steps? support.serato.com

I know the controller works with serato intro, just not with serato dj for some reason...
Bijt-ijs 5:26 PM - 4 May, 2017
Quote:
You may also want to try disabling any anti-virus software, and windows firewall. If this solves the problem you can create an exception in the firewall for Serato, and depending on your anti-virus software you should be able to exclude Serato from it as well.

I'll give it a shot in the weekend, not at home right now :)
Serato, Support
Dave. 1:50 AM - 5 May, 2017
@Bijt-ijs

I suggest you run through this guide:

- support.serato.com

Do these steps help? If not, open a help request plz.
Bijt-ijs 4:38 PM - 5 May, 2017
Quote:
@Bijt-ijs

I suggest you run through this guide:

- support.serato.com

Do these steps help? If not, open a help request plz.

I know the controller works with serato intro so....
Serato, Support
Dave. 10:25 AM - 6 May, 2017
Quote:

I know the controller works with serato intro so....

yep sometimes a controller can connect to one, but not the other.

Have you tried the suggested steps? Open the My Serato Panel (bottom right corner) in Serato DJ - does Serato DJ state that it recognizes your controller? Have remembered to you activate Serato DJ?
pudpoh 1:38 PM - 6 May, 2017
The ddj sb2 won't unlock the full version of Serato DJ, you will need a license for it to work with it or you will need to start a trial of Serato DJ.
DJ Tecniq 3:05 PM - 6 May, 2017
Quote:
The ddj sb2 won't unlock the full version of Serato DJ, you will need a license for it to work with it or you will need to start a trial of Serato DJ.
Correct. Also assuming you are trying to run SDJ but you have to purchase a SDJ license as an upgrade. The SB2 is an entry level controller (cheaper) which comes with limited software if you haven't upgraded to SDJ (advanced software) you'll need to do so.
Bijt-ijs 9:23 PM - 6 May, 2017
Quote:

Quote:
Quote:
Correct. Also assuming you are trying to run SDJ but you have to purchase a SDJ license as an upgrade. The SB2 is an entry level controller (cheaper) which comes with limited software if you haven't upgraded to SDJ (advanced software) you'll need to do so.

I'm not that big of a noob :p With intro, it loads up in less than 5 seconds, but for some reason not with serato dj... Losing my mind over here...
DJ Tecniq 1:39 AM - 7 May, 2017
Quote:
I'm not that big of a noob :p With intro, it loads up in less than 5 seconds, but for some reason not with serato dj... Losing my mind over here...
So you're saying you "do" have a license for Serato DJ?
reif99 10:06 AM - 8 May, 2017
Does your Ddjsb2 become the default Windows sound card when plug it in?
Serato, Support
Dave. 10:39 AM - 8 May, 2017
Thanks for your contributions guys - Bijt-ijs needed to activate a license :)
Philmixit 4:30 PM - 8 May, 2017
Hi Dave W , where is serato 2.0 at, any time soon, talk to me.!!!
AlphaQ 5:39 PM - 21 July, 2017
Im having a connecting problem with my DDJ SB2 too. It was working fine until I updated my serato program to 10.9.6 on my mac, it had been about a year since I updated because of the fear of this happening. I have never been able to connect my DDJ SB2 to my new mac computer that was already updated. Now, I saw the support serato link and it didn't help.

Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do?? I have a wedding tomorrow and I need the second mixer.
DJ Tecniq 5:59 PM - 21 July, 2017
Quote:
Im having a connecting problem with my DDJ SB2 too. It was working fine until I updated my serato program to 10.9.6 on my mac, it had been about a year since I updated because of the fear of this happening. I have never been able to connect my DDJ SB2 to my new mac computer that was already updated. Now, I saw the support serato link and it didn't help.

Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do?? I have a wedding tomorrow and I need the second mixer.
Did you purchase a SDJ license? The SB2 is a controller compatible with Serato DJ Intro in order to use it with their advanced software "Serato DJ" you need to upgrade for a license to fully use the SB2 with Serato DJ. Serato Intro should work fine though. Not sure which program you are having connection issues with.
AlphaQ 6:52 PM - 21 July, 2017
Yes I purchased the license, It was working before I updated it last night. It works with my ddi-sx with no problem. I also just downloaded intro to see if maybe I was having a problem with the controller but I works just fine with intro on my Wife's Mac.

I guess I need to know if I can use two controllers with one license. The ddj-sb2 is a backup on a backup computer, I mainly use to mess around at home, but now I need it.
AlphaQ 7:03 PM - 21 July, 2017
Quote:
Yes I purchased the license, It was working before I updated it last night. It works with my ddi-sx with no problem. I also just downloaded intro to see if maybe I was having a problem with the controller but I works just fine with intro on my Wife's Mac.

I guess I need to know if I can use two controllers with one license. The ddj-sb2 is a backup on a backup computer, I mainly use to mess around at home, but now I need it.

When I plug my SB2 to my mac it orange bar at the bottom shows "ddj sb2 is connecting, this can take up to a minute"... But nothing ever happens
DJ Tecniq 11:00 PM - 21 July, 2017
Quote:
It works with my ddi-sx with no problem
Here's where I'm lost...The DDJSX is already a plug & play device for SDJ it does not "need" a license the entire purchase of the unit is what unlocks it for SDJ which is why it's so expensive however that does not mean you "bought" SDJ and can use the SB2 freely with Serato DJ. The SB2 is a Serato DJ "Intro" controller it is upgrade-ready for Serato DJ but "still" requires" a license. Now if you indeed bought a Serato DJ license then you need to contact support. Each product is independent of each other it does not mean you can "share" a license for both products. One is plug & play (DDJSX) the other SB2 is not unless you pay for the upgrade license to fully use it with Serato DJ.
DJ Tecniq 11:06 PM - 21 July, 2017
If you indeed bought Serato DJ for $100 or whether it was on sale then you have an official license and can use any Serato DJ "Intro" product freely with Serato DJ (advanced software). Support should fix all this for you. They will confirm if you indeed did purchase a SDJ license or not. For example the Pioneer DDJSR or any above controller is plug & play for SDJ. The SB2 is an "entry level" controller which is why it's "upgrade-ready" and requires a purchase of a SDJ license for use with Serato DJ. Basically if you see a Serato controller for less than $600 bucks it will only be compatible with their "Intro" software and ness to have a "paid upgrade" to use with Serato DJ.
DJ Tecniq 11:08 PM - 21 July, 2017
Needs*
DJSEND!T 4:32 AM - 18 September, 2017
I lost $$ for a gig last night because my DDJSX2 would not connect to the latest version of Serato DJ. I then took out my back up DDJSB2, and that also did not connect, which left me without the ability to perform for the event I was contracted to play. Ugh!! I have no idea the issue.
Serato DJ connects to my Rane 62 and my Akai AMX with no issues. (I wish I had those with me).
I have troubleshooted for the last 8 hours with no progress. I have repeated the following tasks over 20 times. No progress!
1. Deleted the drivers and uninstalled the applications.
2. Restarted computer.
3. Downloaded drivers for DDJSX2 and DDJSB2.
4. Restarted computer.
5. Opened Serato (run administrator)
6. Connect DDJSX2 or DDJSB2 = "Error, cannot connect audio!!"
I delete Serato DJ and reinstalled it. No progress.
I deleted Serato DJ 1.9.8 and reinstalled 1.9.7 (last time it worked), No progress!!

Note: They worked before the update to 1.9.8. I have a Serato DJ license. What do I do? I am so confused.
DJ Tecniq 8:29 AM - 18 September, 2017
Quote:
I lost $$ for a gig last night because my DDJSX2 would not connect to the latest version of Serato DJ. I then took out my back up DDJSB2, and that also did not connect, which left me without the ability to perform for the event I was contracted to play. Ugh!! I have no idea the issue.
Serato DJ connects to my Rane 62 and my Akai AMX with no issues. (I wish I had those with me).
I have troubleshooted for the last 8 hours with no progress. I have repeated the following tasks over 20 times. No progress!
1. Deleted the drivers and uninstalled the applications.
2. Restarted computer.
3. Downloaded drivers for DDJSX2 and DDJSB2.
4. Restarted computer.
5. Opened Serato (run administrator)
6. Connect DDJSX2 or DDJSB2 = "Error, cannot connect audio!!"
I delete Serato DJ and reinstalled it. No progress.
I deleted Serato DJ 1.9.8 and reinstalled 1.9.7 (last time it worked), No progress!!

Note: They worked before the update to 1.9.8. I have a Serato DJ license. What do I do? I am so confused.
Sorry man what operating system are you using? Can you maybe try a diff SDJ version?
DJSEND!T 10:59 PM - 18 September, 2017
Using Windows 10

I tried both Serato DJ 1.9.8 and Serato DJ 1.9.7. It was working with 1.9.7 before, now not working.

I made sure my default sound was my internal speaker.

Still confused why the Pioneer's are not connecting with Serato DJ.
DJ Alibi 3:20 AM - 19 September, 2017
I have been having this problem, I have to go to my Windows sound properties and disable all sound cards and then re-enable the pioneer sb2 sound card in both recording and Playback it works but it still sucks that you have to do this every time
DJSEND!T 5:43 AM - 19 September, 2017
Yes, this worked. I had to disable the other soundcards. Then plug in controller. Then Enable the internal sound cards and change them to Default Device. This seemed to work.
DJ Alibi 10:15 AM - 7 October, 2017
Cool, hope they fix soon . That’s too many steps lol
DjSkuid 7:04 PM - 11 January, 2018
Hi friends,

Im using Windows 10 and I have a similar problem. I have all the drivers updated of my Pioneer DDJ-SB2 (Driver 1.100 ones DDJ-SB2 and DDJ-SB2 MIDI) and I have the last version of Serato DJ Intro (1.3) installed on my PC (ASUS). My PC soundcard is Realtek High Definition Audio I have tried to enable and disable it but it doesn't work, always the 2 decks appear and in one second they disappear and the warning message in yellow "Hardware Disconnected". Only one deck works it sounds perfect on my speakers. The headphones don't work too.

Help please!