Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Pitch drop effect

Funkmaster French 10:21 PM - 25 April, 2017
I am a beginning DJ and I am still learning a lot of things. I have been looking for the name of the effect that rapidly drops the pitch of the track and sounds sort of like the track is stopping. It is used a lot in Hip-Hop tracks to cut out curse words or just to add a cool effect. If someone could help me out on the effect name or how to create the effect it would be greatly appreciated. I use a DDJ-SR if it makes any difference.
Serato, Support
Jordan L 11:15 PM - 25 April, 2017
Hey,

Check out the braker effect. You can preview what it sounds like at the link below (it's part of the free Wolf Pack).

serato.com

Cheers.
Funkmaster French 4:44 AM - 26 April, 2017
Thanks Jordan, that is exactly what I was looking for. I can't wait to mess around with it and implement it into my mixes.
Serato, Support
Jordan L 4:47 AM - 26 April, 2017
Nice! Have fun man. Should also have a play with the 'Pitch Looper', that thing is real cool.
DJ Tecniq 5:27 AM - 26 April, 2017
Should try the echo-out fx...oh wait it hasn't worked right since it first came out.
Laz219 6:42 AM - 26 April, 2017
Quote:
Should try the echo-out fx...oh wait it hasn't worked right since it first came out.

I'd say it works right....
Just that SSLs was way better.
I used to always have the echo out mapped in SSL, don't think I've even used it since switching. (Although I prefer to loop/filter out manually since I got Remote)
DJ Tecniq 9:48 AM - 26 April, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

I'd say it works right....
Just that SSLs was way better.
I used to always have the echo out mapped in SSL, don't think I've even used it since switching. (Although I prefer to loop/filter out manually since I got Remote)
The echo-out in SDJ works right but only half the time. There are times it has a bad delay/off time and it's super random. Not a problem with my S9 cause I use the Pioneer echo out fx but my SB2 you can clearly tell. SSL's echo out was perfect I just wish they fix it in izoptope😕👎🏼
Laz219 10:53 AM - 26 April, 2017
Well, as much as it's software based.
Comparing an S9 and an SB2.......
DJ Tecniq 6:02 PM - 26 April, 2017
Quote:
Well, as much as it's software based.
Comparing an S9 and an SB2.......
Not comparing anything really. They are built in SDJ fx. It's not the hardware it is the software. Same problem with echo-out on my SL3.