Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Scratch Live Failed Installation On Mac

Twoaytee 10:50 PM - 24 April, 2017
If there is anybody out there that can help me out!? I'm not a tech geek but haven't done this in a while.

My computer jus went out and I recently bought a used Mac which is in perfect condition, the problem is downloading serato scratch live. I get an installation failed message every time. I'm not interested in upgrading to serato dj, just want serato scratch live back. It's been years since I've downloaded it onto my old computer and wondering if it's the Mac, software, settings etc... PLEASE if theres anybody that can point me in the right direction or have suggestion, it'll be greatly appreciated! Thanks

DJ 2.a.t
DJGreatness 12:09 AM - 25 April, 2017
It happen to me also but its weird because when I open up launchpad and I saw scratch live there and it was up and running with no issue......did you check and see if it was there?
DJ JulioYEG 3:25 AM - 25 April, 2017
this also happened to me as greatness mentioned it does show up in our launchpad. this is due to the software not being compatible with the new os. You would have to downgrade for it to be stable. the Serato rep I spoke to recommended not to use it for live performance.
Twoaytee 4:05 AM - 25 April, 2017
@DJGreatness no I didn't see it in launchpad, but I did see it in applications and deleted it because I researched and it said to uninstall and delete everything. So I downloaded it again, opened it in applications and its up and running but when I plug in my tom its not reading it. @DJ Julio YEG How do I get it to read my ttm?
DJ JulioYEG 4:19 AM - 25 April, 2017
Quote:
@DJ Julio YEG How do I get it to read my ttm?

How do you get SSL to read your ttm? is SSL showing 2 decks? do you have all drivers? try a new usb.. is it on? check you system preferences check if everything good
djmel 4:56 AM - 25 April, 2017
if your os is beyond yosmite its not gone work. 2.5 ssl and yosmite was the last ver serato rane and apple supported ssl 2.5
DJ Tecniq 5:15 AM - 25 April, 2017
Sounds like your operating system is not compatible with Scratchlive considering it's over 10 yr old software. It's always helpful to read the system requirements for Scratchlive. Anything above Mac OS X 10.10 is not supported.
Laz219 5:54 AM - 25 April, 2017
This thread may be of help:
serato.com

It is not officially supported though,
Twoaytee 10:39 PM - 25 April, 2017
Word! Thanks to all for the suggestions and help. Taken all into consideration and now about to put in some work!
DJ JulioYEG 10:42 PM - 25 April, 2017
let me know how it works out yo
DJ JulioYEG 2:13 AM - 26 April, 2017
Quote:
6. Open "ScratchLive.pkg" and run the installer, installation should finish successfully and Scratch Live will be available in your applications folder.

will this be stable tho? another serato tech recommended not to use it when I opened a help request because te os was not ment to run it
Caley Martin 9:25 PM - 26 April, 2017
I'm running Scratch Live 2.5 on macOS Sierra 10.12.4, using a SL3, without any issue so far. Been running this setup since December on a late 2013 15 inch MacBook Pro... my experience has been extremely stable. I also do NOT have the SL3 core audio drivers installed.
Twoaytee 1:37 AM - 27 April, 2017
@DJ JulioYeg No Luck Still. @Kane D I'm gonna try it and see if it works. I'm running Sierra but have a ttm. @Caley Martin, so did you have to do a workaround? what have you done to make it work?
Twoaytee 2:00 AM - 27 April, 2017
OKAY @Kane D It's Running THANKS For Your Help!! But Still Have An Issue With My TTM... Any Suggestions For That Part??