Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Moving Files external To External

OldSkoolMixMaster 8:57 PM - 24 April, 2017
First, before everyone starts jumping on me about how many times this has been covered, please take the time to read and understand my question first for I have read all the other posts on "Moving Files Between External and Internal Drives", but that isnt exactly my specific question, so here goes: I have all my music split between 2 external hard drives. HD 1 is my Primary( which has only individual files already analyzed and tagged on Serato) and HD 2 is my Backup as well as "New Music Download" drive. I am a member of several record pools and what I normally do is download all my music to a "Added Music" folder on HD2 and then simultaneously drop all the individual tracks in my HD1 so as to keep HD 2 space freed up for future downloads. But then I end up wit TWO copies of all my music because I'm afraid to delete the HD 2 copy after dropping them in HD 1.
My question is: Since Serato generates a auto backup of everything I download in both hard drives, what will happen if I delete the HD 2 copy? Will it still show up as "missing files" later? I hope I'm asking this correctly. Thanks.
DJ JulioYEG 3:29 AM - 25 April, 2017
make an identical copy of your hd 2 drag it to your desktop, delete the duplicate files from the folder on DESKTOP only and see if it deletes your other tracks if it doesn't you should be safe and be able to delete if off you hd 2, remember always important to have backups of your backups so it doesn't hurt to have another recent back up save
DJ JulioYEG 3:30 AM - 25 April, 2017
oh I forgot to mention and when you go into serato press file and then relocate lost files
deejdave 3:56 AM - 26 April, 2017
If you remove _Serato_ folder (or just subcrates folder) your 2nd HDD will not read files thus said files will not show up as missing. You can also move this subcrates folder back as you please if you do want SDJ to read your 2nd HDD's library in the future.
OldSkoolMixMaster 12:14 AM - 7 May, 2017
Thanks for the responses guys. Gonna try both suggestions. Keep fingers crossed!