DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Which is the correct Subwoofer for a pair of RCF 312 MK3 A??

Arielito.093 8:05 PM - 24 April, 2017
Hello Everyone. I am DJ Ariel Mainieri, from Argentina.

I'm uncertaint:
My sound system Is: a pair of RCF 312 MK3 and a sub Alto TSSUB18. When Im using my sound system in a closed room it work really cool. But when Im using them on a open area( like a park) I miss all the low frecuency.. They are not enough. Do you recomend me buying a secondary Alto TSSUB18?

Or my other plan Its buying an RCF LF18X451/RCF L18p300 and hand made two sub boxes and buying an crossover and the power amp.
If I should by only one RCF 8004 its going to be really expencive. But if a hand made the boxe, and I buy everthing separately Its going to be cheaper.

Im listeing to your opinion or ideas.!
dj_soo 10:51 PM - 25 April, 2017
you generally need twice the subs outdoors as you do indoors.

That said, the Alto sub is a step or 4 down from the RCF tops so you're better off getting some better subs.

You could look at the RCF 8003s if the 8004s are a little too expensive.

Handmade gear will be a little cheaper if you know what you're doing, but a bit more of a pain as you need to bring an amp/processor rack.
pdidy 1:15 AM - 26 April, 2017
Quote:
But if a hand made the boxes, and I buy everything separately Its going to be cheaper.

But your inexperience will likely make it an expensive nightmare. get the rcf 8004 and be done with it.
DJ Reflex 2:47 AM - 28 April, 2017
forum.speakerplans.com

I spent last summer building 4 of these subs with a buddy of mine. We matched the 4 he already had. Not a hard project, just took some patience. They pound, but are a bit too big for mobile use every weekend.
Arielito.093 9:21 PM - 28 April, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
But if a hand made the boxes, and I buy everything separately Its going to be cheaper.

I'm from Argentina and a RCF 8004 its cost US$4770.-(Only one) or more.. RCF 8003 US$4140.-
I know what I'm going to buy, and where to hand made the boxes, buy the amp and procesor It just cost US$2870.- (Using RCF LF18x451)
Arielito.093 9:22 PM - 28 April, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

But your inexperience will likely make it an expensive nightmare. get the rcf 8004 and be done with it.

I'm from Argentina and a RCF 8004 its cost US$4770.-(Only one) or more.. RCF 8003 US$4140.-
I know what I'm going to buy, and where to hand made the boxes, buy the amp and procesor It just cost US$2870.- (Using RCF LF18x451)
Arielito.093 9:26 PM - 28 April, 2017
Quote:
you generally need twice the subs outdoors as you do indoors.

That said, the Alto sub is a step or 4 down from the RCF tops so you're better off getting some better subs.

You could look at the RCF 8003s if the 8004s are a little too expensive.

Handmade gear will be a little cheaper if you know what you're doing, but a bit more of a pain as you need to bring an amp/processor rack.

You answer what I need.. "Handmade gear will be a little cheaper if you know what you're doing, but a bit more of a pain as you need to bring an amp/processor rack"

Im going to use RCF LF18x451 and behringer processor. The amp I dont know if buy QSC of Crown. But its going to be cheapper. The price of that equipmet in my country is:
RCF 8004: US$ 4770
RCF 8003: US$4140
Hand made with all the staff: US$2870