Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Interference, white noise sound??

DJGlennB85 4:00 PM - 24 April, 2017
The last 2 gigs I had I have been getting a horrible interference and/or white noise type of sound. It's horrible. It starts out low, then gets louder and louder till you can hear nothing but the interference sound and no music at all. I figured it was a dirty power issue, but that's not the case. I even plugged in my DJ Controller (Numark NS6) completely on a separate circuit and it still happens.

Anyone have any kind of idea what the issue would be?! Is my controller taking a shit? Is it the USB to the laptop? (Early 2011 MBP, 250GB SSD, 8GB RAM, running latest version of Sierra)
Chino 5:17 PM - 24 April, 2017
Quote:
The last 2 gigs I had I have been getting a horrible interference and/or white noise type of sound. It's horrible. It starts out low, then gets louder and louder till you can hear nothing but the interference sound and no music at all. I figured it was a dirty power issue, but that's not the case. I even plugged in my DJ Controller (Numark NS6) completely on a separate circuit and it still happens.

^^^ This sounds like USB related audio distortion. Try raising your USB audio latency in SDJ.
DJGlennB85 6:35 PM - 24 April, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

^^^ This sounds like USB related audio distortion. Try raising your USB audio latency in SDJ.

Ok will do! Thanks!
DJGlennB85 6:44 PM - 24 April, 2017
Latency is set at 5ms... what should I set it to? 10?
Chino 11:49 PM - 24 April, 2017
^^^ Yes, set the USB audio latency to 10ms. Performing a factory reset of your controller may help too.
Laz219 5:57 AM - 25 April, 2017
If it is USB issues, keep going to a higher number until you lose the issue.

It could be a ground loop, which will usually show up regardless of the circuit your connected to- it's fairly common with laptops- although I've rarely seen it with macs.
DJGlennB85 6:29 PM - 25 April, 2017
Quote:
If it is USB issues, keep going to a higher number until you lose the issue.

It could be a ground loop, which will usually show up regardless of the circuit your connected to- it's fairly common with laptops- although I've rarely seen it with macs.

That's what I was thinking. I've had it at 5ms for over a year and just these past 2 gigs it's been giving me issues. Literally all of a sudden
DJ Cyrix 5:49 AM - 26 April, 2017
I had something like this come up when I changed the power cord of my laptop (went for a cheaper non-brand model and that interfered with the sound coming from serato).
Laz219 6:29 AM - 26 April, 2017
If it is a ground loop issue, usually you'd be able to stop it if you run on battery instead of AC.
Obviously that's not a solution but it's a quick way to isolate it down to that cause.
DJ Cyrix 12:37 PM - 26 April, 2017
That's easily tested indeed :)
DJGlennB85 2:24 AM - 2 May, 2017
Tested it out for an hour or so in my garage non stop... didn't do the sound this time 🤔🤔 very weird.

Another thing, if I cue up the next song in my headphones I can hear the white noise/ frequency sound in my headphones as well. This is strange....
CBSDJDAVE 10:38 PM - 22 July, 2017
I have same issue 2 different gigs, thinking it was power source from house , on 1st gig had same issue 2 times at same home different events same issue, I took out my outlet strip and plug directly in wall outlet, rebooted everything, over and over, I eventually got it to work , the other house I was on share power with house appliance, moved to another plug, rebooted over and over, got it to work, I will try your methods next time, can duplicate problem at home.
Gldn 5:24 PM - 11 December, 2019
Try out the fix that worked for my ground loop interference using a noise isolator. I made a quick video.
youtu.be