DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

JBL SRX828SP Dual 18 Inch Subs.....

DJMIXX79 2:29 PM - 22 April, 2017
Something must be wrong with me.. but after reading tons of great reviews and planning on getting these - took a trip to guitar center and had a listen. Is something wrong with me? I was not impressed at all. Standing directly in front of them, sounded good.. 10 feet back.. didn't. had them maxed out almost..

if a damn dual 18 inch doesn't catch my ear.. or chest.. what will!?
Mr.Jace 7:33 PM - 22 April, 2017
Yes, there is something wrong. Did you look at the settings on the DSP? Keep in mind, lots of people come and go after testing those subs out in the store, add Guitar Center salesman don't always know what they are doing, at least I see that where I live. I promise you the dsp settings are jacked up. Look at the settings and make sure everything is flat, also was there a mixer used? Check the eq bass knob, might be turned down, check the source going into sub. I heard them subs, they are impressive.
Mr.Jace 7:39 PM - 22 April, 2017
Another possibility, was the room small when you were testing this sub? If so, might had cancellation and room nods from bass reflection. Small rooms will do this when using large high output subs which is designed to use in larger space.
DJMIXX79 10:01 PM - 22 April, 2017
Thanks. I will go in next week and check all of those things out. the room was pretty small but didn't look at the mixer being used, or the controls as I was sure he knew how to show them off.
DJMIXX79 4:03 AM - 23 April, 2017
So.. let's say I were to get 2 of these dual subs from JBL.. compared to 1 ZV28 sub from Bass Boss.. who wins?
pdidy 6:16 PM - 23 April, 2017
Quote:
So.. let's say I were to get 2 of these dual subs from JBL.. compared to 1 ZV28 sub from Bass Boss.. who wins?

bassboss.discussion.community
Rebelguy 11:55 PM - 23 April, 2017
Quote:

You can actually probably get three 828s for the price of one ZV28.
Johnnynights 4:01 AM - 24 April, 2017
I been hearing good things about that bassboss but never had the chance to listen to one...are these actually better and louder than a yorkville ls801p?
pdidy 6:23 AM - 24 April, 2017
Quote:
I been hearing good things about that bassboss but never had the chance to listen to one...are these actually better and louder than a yorkville ls801p?

bassboss.discussion.community
Johnnynights 3:53 AM - 25 April, 2017
Thank you sir.

Im going to take a good look at those,even though i have the yorkies i always wanted to upgrade to the srx828sp to make my whole set jbl but those bassboss look interesting.