Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Why aren't my attached videos playing on my MacBook Pro like they play on my PC?

DJ Abz 3:18 AM - 18 April, 2017
Hello all,

Tried reading thru the various issues in the first 15 pages of the Serato Video forum and didn’t find my answer, so here goes… Whenever I deejay my events, I tend to alternate between two laptops; sometimes taking my PC and other times taking my Mac. I have started using Serato Video which works wonderfully on my PC laptop. However, when I open up Serato Video to use on my MacBook Pro (Vzn 10.10.5), the videos that I have associated with the music tracks do not automatically show up in the video field area as they do with my PC laptop. I have to manually place the video file into the video area every time, and even if I load the same or a different track on my other platter or come back to that same song later, I still have to do the same thing. Although all of my videos are associated with the song tracks that I play (the associated button is highlighted, video icon is next to track listing) I get absolutely nada unless I manually drag those files into the video field. Is there a remedy to this problem? I would love to be able to play videos off of both laptops.

Thanks for the assistance,
DJ Abz
DJ Tecniq 5:27 AM - 18 April, 2017
Have you looked at the media crate settings? Maybe something is set up wrong on that end. Make sure your pc settings are the same as the Macs for video. If that doesn't work than something else is going on
DJ Abz 11:07 AM - 18 April, 2017
Hey DJ Tecniq,

Did as you mentioned and all settings were exactly the same.... Then a crazy thing happened, I downloaded the MixEmergency demo version and tried to set it up and although it didn't work, the next time I pulled up Serato DJ/Serato Video one of the songs that I played actually had its video attached to it. I checked my other songs and even though it was the same as before (no vid attachment), I was able to manually drag their respective videos into the video field and now they are associated as well. It seems that I can only do this in online mode and one song and video at a time, and I have over 5000 videos and two HD's, so that is going to take a long time...wow.

However, it's the only thing that has worked and that I can do as of this point... thanks for your help.

DJ Abz