Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Pioneer DDJ-S1 / Serato DJ / DJM-S9 & Rane 62 / Mac Sierra

DJHexum 2:32 AM - 18 April, 2017
Is the firmware update needed? The last update was in 2013 from Pioneer and it is a .JAR file (Java) which then forces you to DL java to install. It seems to work fine EXCEPT for cannot assign the Decks for FX. Nothing happens when I push the buttons. I just did not want to DL java on a Mac for one install. The update seems to be for previous versions 10.10, .9, .8 and not the current 10.12.
DJ Tecniq 7:32 AM - 18 April, 2017
Which hardware are you referring to? I have the s9 but never had to install Java? But I'm not on Sierra so maybe that's why. Firmware updates are optional but it's good to update cause they are bug fixes with your current hardware.
DJHexum 2:06 PM - 18 April, 2017
I should have edited this correctly...my fault. I am referring to the Pioneer DDJ-SP1 firmware update. The rest (Serato DJ / DJM-S9 & Rane 62 / Mac Sierra) is just the specs.
DJ J-Rol 6:13 PM - 18 April, 2017
I thing I read some Where here that sp1 doesn't work whit s9
DJHexum 2:27 AM - 20 April, 2017
It does not work how I want it to work with the S9. With the 62, it works independently. With the S9 - if you trigger (for example) Roll on the SP1, it will then change the pads of the S9 to Roll. That is my issue with the S9 is that the pads are not independent...for example you cannot have Hot Cue on one side and Roll on the other.
Serato, Support
Jordan L 2:37 AM - 20 April, 2017
Quote:
It does not work how I want it to work with the S9. With the 62, it works independently. With the S9 - if you trigger (for example) Roll on the SP1, it will then change the pads of the S9 to Roll. That is my issue with the S9 is that the pads are not independent...for example you cannot have Hot Cue on one side and Roll on the other.

Hey man,

That's a limitation of the hardware. I don't there will be any change to this.

Cheers.
DJ Tecniq 5:27 AM - 20 April, 2017
Quote:
So what exactly is the reason for the SP1 if it does the same functions as the S9. So say a Rane mixer would be able to work differently like have hot cues on the sp1 and roll on the 62?
DJ J-Rol 5:36 AM - 20 April, 2017
I have Mixars Duo and is the some. I can Not do different things whit Pads . But I can use 3 FX
DJHexum 11:50 PM - 25 April, 2017
The 62 + SP1 works fine and independent. No point to use the SP1 + S9 as it functions the same. But I was hoping it would function independently.
DJ Tecniq 12:23 AM - 26 April, 2017
Quote:
The 62 + SP1 works fine and independent. No point to use the SP1 + S9 as it functions the same. But I was hoping it would function independently.
S9 user mode can achieve this though so the sp1 really isn't necessary
DJHexum 12:27 AM - 26 April, 2017
Right...I have read there is way to do custom settings/mappings. But it still does not "truly" work independently in a similar manner to how the 62 works and/or how the SP1 is designed.