Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

What else do you put in your video sets?

djgeeth 7:42 AM - 10 June, 2009
What else other than music videos and custom videos do you use in your sets? Movie clips, youtube stuff, Public Service Announcements?
eder 8:09 AM - 10 June, 2009
not really, no, and no. I'm a DJ, therefore I stick with things related to the music.
Dj Rehab 8:11 AM - 10 June, 2009
I put the clubs logo up once every hour. I also put my sponsor's logo up. Both really like that i do this-
Charlie Five 2:16 PM - 10 June, 2009
I put up club logos and upcoming events.

My logo from time to time.

All sorts of TV and internet clips.

But my video shows are a bit unique as most of my edits are exclusive anyway.
djpuma_gemini 4:03 PM - 10 June, 2009
I was thinking about doing the clubs logo, but since it's not a residency and just a fill in every so often I Haven't gotten around to it.
djgeeth 5:44 PM - 10 June, 2009
Quote:
I put up club logos and upcoming events.

My logo from time to time.

All sorts of TV and internet clips.

But my video shows are a bit unique as most of my edits are exclusive anyway.

what do you do with the tv clips? scratch them, play them, etc?
Alixx J 6:00 PM - 10 June, 2009
i put together funny vids on sony vegas, also adding the name of the club and my DJ name etc, this works great for the mp3's without video.
DJ Unique 10:23 PM - 10 June, 2009
Alixx J
How do you actually do that? How are playing these other videos when you are playing "audio only" tracks? I need to do the same thing so I bought a cheap DVD player and a video controller.
djpuma_gemini 11:34 PM - 10 June, 2009
VSl lets you assign videos to audio only tracks (mp3's)

No need for all of that.
Joshua Carl 3:39 AM - 11 June, 2009
ill drop in some lonely island stuff, and a few other music bits
but nothing that looses the flow of the floor.
but if your at a pub, and theres really no dancing goin on (i had a gig like this)

Id drop an snl, chappelle, family guy short...
its actually pretty amazing, when in this capacity(just playing videos for entertainment
not to actually get people up and dancing..i know, i know...dont ask) a good skit will get 100% attention like nothing else.
basically any of the good snl digital shorts, like portmans rap, or dick in a box.
dont get fancy and try to drop the whole cowbell sketch,,,its too long.
keep it around 30/45 seconds.

its also works as a great transition from genres.
be warned, remember ONLY IN A ROOM where stopping that beats are acceptable.
djgeeth 6:02 AM - 11 June, 2009
yeah thats what I was thinking, I might be getting a video gig at places with max like 150 ppl, upscale little bar rooms with plasmas where there is no large dancefloor. Anytime I need to reset the crowd or switch a genre I could maybe play a <1min really popular video and get their attention, then come in with a banger.

Scratching certain things seems to work pretty well too.