Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

How did the Serato DJ / Microsoft session go - cannot find anything online?

Kristian Valdini 9:47 AM - 14 April, 2017
Was keen to see how the Serato DJ / Microsoft session went the other week and cannot find any links, interested to see how the new Surface Tablet worked out?

K
Kristian Valdini 12:41 PM - 17 April, 2017
bump?

K
Dose 3:36 PM - 17 April, 2017
Curious about this too... just posted on the blog post about it serato.com
Serato, Support
Jordan L 11:52 PM - 17 April, 2017
Hey,

The workshop went great and there weren't issues. We still don't recommend using the Surface with Serato as it's still not supported.

Cheers.
Laz219 11:53 PM - 17 April, 2017
I was wondering about this actually, seemed strange to me to be doing a workshop with the surface emphasised heavily- even when it's not actually supported.
alec.tron 12:23 AM - 18 April, 2017
Quote:
I was wondering about this actually, seemed strange to me to be doing a workshop with the surface emphasised heavily- even when it's not actually supported.

As a surface pro owner & someone who suffered a crash with SDJ on a surface pro 3 at a large scale festival (after weeks of testing SDJ on the surface....and all seemingly fine (and this was before the official warning was out too)] - I welcome every attempt to make SDJ more stable in general, and on 2in1 laptops / surface devices specifically so the SDJ non-support / warning can be lifted...

But, to run an official demo session of a product that (now) officially warns not to use the hardware/device with their own software is more than a little schizophrenic, no... ?

Fingers crossed this event got Microsoft & Serato devs talking!
c.
Dose 12:53 AM - 18 April, 2017
Quote:
Fingers crossed this event got Microsoft & Serato devs talking!

Man I'm right there with ya bro. Have you tried running with some resources turned off ( i know, not the most ideal situatuon....)?
Kristian Valdini 7:45 AM - 18 April, 2017
Really wanted to hear some positive news, but assumed the radio silence was due to it not being 'ideal'.

Am sure it will get there in the end, just not holding my breath!

K