Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Denon SC5000 and SDJ

DJ FreddyO 4:15 PM - 10 April, 2017
So as I was browsing youtube, I came across Laidback Luke's vlog. There was a couple of shots of some shows that he played. That's not the interesting part. A DJ that was opening for him was using a Denon SC5000 setup using SDJ. When did this update happen or are did they just plug it and hope for the best?? What say you Serato?
The Return of Dj Sparky 8:44 PM - 10 April, 2017
could be a closed beta they are testing or maybe using the control tone from a media file and not fully using the features of the sc5000
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 2:25 AM - 11 April, 2017
We don't support the SC5000 yet, perhaps he was using our NoiseMap tone on a USB drive?
DJ Trice 12:21 PM - 13 April, 2017
Denon player like 3700/3900 are able to produce the noismap signal for differents softwares by the integrated sound card player.
Maybe this feature is already onboard in 5000 to.
popnwave 10:10 PM - 13 April, 2017
Quote:
Denon player like 3700/3900 are able to produce the noismap signal for differents softwares by the integrated sound card player.
Maybe this feature is already onboard in 5000 to.

It's not on board, eventually the HID support will be there but until a disc or USB with the tone will let you use the basic deck functionality.
DJ Yaitanis 5:03 AM - 17 July, 2017
It has been almost seven months since the release of the SC5000 /X1800 where is the support? And I would like to mention that there better be some nice features BS from Serato will not be tolerated!
Serato, Forum Moderator
Michael R 5:16 AM - 17 July, 2017
Hi DJ Yaitanis,

The SC5000 and X1800 were announced in January but were only released to market at the very end of May, and Denon had always planned to launch these without Serato support. Supporting hardware takes time, please be patient!

Cheers,
Michael.
DJ Yaitanis 5:27 AM - 17 July, 2017
I have had mine for over 5 months
R-A-C 12:42 PM - 17 July, 2017
then you have a pre-release version. what counts is the public release date.
DJ Marv the Maverick 1:44 PM - 17 July, 2017
on the Denon forums they seem to want you to use it as standalone. At least that's the vibe I get from some responses from the Mods.

I could be wrong
Rebelguy 9:47 PM - 17 July, 2017
Quote:
It has been almost seven months since the release of the SC5000 /X1800 where is the support? And I would like to mention that there better be some nice features BS from Serato will not be tolerated!

Interesting that you are making demands from Serato for a product that was never announced to be supported. What's even more interesting is the shitty attitude you have in asking to get those demands met.
DJ Yaitanis 11:39 PM - 17 July, 2017
I find it odd that since day one it was announced that Serato would be supporting both the SC5000 and the X1800.

Even more so, that there were intrinsic Serato DJ only features.

Included in the manual in the box and all over the internet.

Funny I don’t seem to be and only one asking a simple question and pardon me if you don’t have a set!
Rebelguy 1:27 AM - 18 July, 2017
Quote:
I find it odd that since day one it was announced that Serato would be supporting both the SC5000 and the X1800.

Even more so, that there were intrinsic Serato DJ only features.

Included in the manual in the box and all over the internet.

Funny I don’t seem to be and only one asking a simple question and pardon me if you don’t have a set!

I gave up on Denon a long time ago so believe I don't feel bad about not having a set.
DJ Yaitanis 1:32 AM - 18 July, 2017
Me too not any more the bomb! Need Serato getting turntables in 2 weeks