Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

serato video freez with windows 10 pro gtx 1060

siddeonemada 9:53 AM - 10 April, 2017
Hello i just have new computer asus rog strix gl702vm with i7 6700hq, 128 ssd,ram 8go ddr4 1to hdd 7200tr gtx 1060 6go
Serato video freez when i play the second song, all sound work but video freez, i don't think that my computer didn'support serato video but i don't know where is the problem
popnwave 6:12 PM - 10 April, 2017
Quote:
Hello i just have new computer asus rog strix gl702vm with i7 6700hq, 128 ssd,ram 8go ddr4 1to hdd 7200tr gtx 1060 6go
Serato video freez when i play the second song, all sound work but video freez, i don't think that my computer didn'support serato video but i don't know where is the problem

That's an awesome laptop (for reference people can see it here www.amazon.com) .. and you have plenty of power with the CPU and GPU now you get to deal with the quirks of doing video on a PC.

Does it freeze on ANY video you try to mix in to? You really have to make sure the videos you play are encoded from good sources and have things like keyframes that aren't too far apart or Serato Video will really choke on it.

You might want to scroll through previous posts and see some of the PC topics like this:

serato.com

can help you play around with settings to get the most out of your setup.

And one other question, if you disable Serato Video and just play the videos as audio tracks, do you have any issues using them just for music? Is it only the VIDEO itself that freezes and the audio keeps playing ok?
DJ Tecniq 7:29 PM - 10 April, 2017
I have recently had Serato Video freeze with my SB2 and I'm on a Mac. Never has happened before but the work around is to "instant double" the same video on the opposite deck and it will unfreeze and play like normal. Very weird I don't think it's a pc issue but a problem with Serato video or 1.9.6.
Serato, Support
Dave. 3:19 AM - 11 April, 2017
@siddeonemada, sorry to hear about the troubles you're having with Serato Video.

Are you experiencing these issues with specific files or a specific video file format? Please check if you're not sure

There are a bunch of optimizations I recommend you run through to begin with:

- PC Optimization Guide for Windows; support.serato.com
- Changing graphics card settings to use your dedicated GPU on a Windows computer; support.serato.com

If these changes don't help I suggest you open up a help request with our support team using the green "Open Help Request" button.

- Dave.
siddeonemada 6:46 AM - 13 April, 2017
I did video mix since 1 year, i have no problem with my old computer, but with my new computer it's freez, before with my old computer i use windows 10 familial. But my new computer use windows 10 pro, is it possible that serato have problem with that?
DJ Tecniq 7:04 AM - 13 April, 2017
Quote:
I did video mix since 1 year, i have no problem with my old computer, but with my new computer it's freez, before with my old computer i use windows 10 familial. But my new computer use windows 10 pro, is it possible that serato have problem with that?
I started a support ticket I def believe it is a Serato problem as I have never had these issues before. I think it's a problem with the later 1.9 versions
siddeonemada 9:18 AM - 13 April, 2017
Hello i solve that
For someone who have this problem , serato dj 1.9.6 is packaged with quicktime 7.7.6, old quicktime, i just download the new version quictime 7.7.9 and everythings work well
DJ Tecniq 1:37 PM - 13 April, 2017
Quote:
Hello i solve that
For someone who have this problem , serato dj 1.9.6 is packaged with quicktime 7.7.6, old quicktime, i just download the new version quictime 7.7.9 and everythings work well
Wasn't aware 1.9.6 is packaged with QuickTime? Are you on Mac?
popnwave 3:22 PM - 13 April, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Hello i solve that
Wasn't aware 1.9.6 is packaged with QuickTime? Are you on Mac?

It is on PCs since it got kicked to the curb by Apple.

I think the next big change to SV will be how it handles the QT situation now that it's a graveyard on PCs.
siddeonemada 3:47 PM - 13 April, 2017
I'm not on a mac, windows 10, serato video work with quicktime for windows
DJ Tecniq 8:33 PM - 13 April, 2017
Quote:
I'm not on a mac, windows 10, serato video work with quicktime for windows
Gotcha yeah I'm on Mac and still have this Video freeze issue which I started a support ticket.