Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

anyone been able to get SV to run on win 10 with ATI Radeon graphics card?

DJ VC 4:49 AM - 3 April, 2017
Just wondering if anyone been able to get SV to run on win 10 with ATI Radeon graphics card? Have a Dell with 7th gen i7, 8gbs of ram and ATI radeon R7 4gb graphics but cannot get Serato video to play smoothly.
Have updated all drivers, tried various codecs, have done everything in troubleshooting guides on serato.com but no good playback with videos.
Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
DJ Tecniq 6:39 AM - 3 April, 2017
Have you made sure the pc is using the Radeon card? You may have to switch the settings on the pc to use the high performance graphics card. Normally it will just use the integrated card unless you change this yourself.
DJ Tecniq 6:40 AM - 3 April, 2017
Secondly what source are the videos coming from? Make sure they are legit video pools.
DJ VC 3:27 PM - 3 April, 2017
Have set serato dj and serato video to high performance in ATI settings. Videos are from Franchise record pool. May try to reload win 10 and see if all the changes i have tried may have cause some issue, but I am not optimistic.
Same as with many others, Virtual DJ works flawlessly at highest settings. May have to switch and leave serato for videos if I cannot find a solution soon. $99 wasted LOL.
DJ Tecniq 5:25 PM - 3 April, 2017
Well look at it this way Serato Video is very processor heavy and there have not been many that can get away with video on a pc those are just facts which is why a Mac is the easiest route. Pcs have a lot of 3 party drivers and software to deal with as with Macs they do not. There are users that are running video smoothly on pcs on the forum hopefully they will chime in and help you out. What are your settings in Serato video?
DJ Tecniq 5:25 PM - 3 April, 2017
3rd*
Serato, Support
Dave. 4:05 AM - 11 April, 2017
@DJ VC - sorry to hear this.

Have you run through any of the following?

- PC Optimization Guide for Windows; support.serato.com

- Changing graphics card settings to use your dedicated GPU on a Windows computer;
support.serato.com

Please also;

- Adjust Output Quality to *Medium*
- Adjust Recording Quality to *360p*
- Adjust Video buffer size to between 1GB and 2GB

If you still run into troubles, I suggest getting in touch with Serato support - just hit the green "Open Help Request" button :)

- Dave
sunnyred 5:02 PM - 18 April, 2017
I recently updated to the latest serato dj and now I also cant view videos in the preview window. I might have to revert to previous version of serato where it was working fine.

Laptop spec:
Intel I7
12gb ram
1gb radeon graphics card
Windows 10
DJ Tecniq 5:51 PM - 18 April, 2017
Quote:
I recently updated to the latest serato dj and now I also cant view videos in the preview window. I might have to revert to previous version of serato where it was working fine.

Laptop spec:
Intel I7
12gb ram
1gb radeon graphics card
Windows 10
Its a bug restart your computer they should reappear my Mac does the same at times. Nothing's been fixed unfortunately.
Serato, Support
Dave. 2:13 AM - 19 April, 2017
@sunnyred

to resolve this issue, run through the following:

support.serato.com

@DJ Techniq - resetting preferences will resolve this issue ;)
DJ Tecniq 2:24 AM - 19 April, 2017
Quote:
@sunnyred

support.serato.com

I'll try it but why hasn't someone told me this a long time ago? Have seen this constantly pop up on the forum 😬
sunnyred 5:08 AM - 19 April, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
@sunnyred

support.serato.com

I'll try it but why hasn't someone told me this a long time ago? Have seen this constantly pop up on the forum 😬

hi, I tried this and it didn't work for me. I still am unable to view video. only still picture freeze frame.

However, I reverted back to serato dj version 1.9.1 and I am now able to mix videos.
thank you.
DJ Tecniq 5:27 AM - 19 April, 2017
Quote:
hi, I tried this and it didn't work for me. I still am unable to view video. only still picture freeze frame.

However, I reverted back to serato dj version 1.9.1 and I am now able to mix videos.
thank you.
I didn't think it would help much either I believe more features cause Serato Video to behave erratically from my experience earlier versions of SDJ 1.9 seem to work more smoothly. Not sure what they did with 1.9.6 but it has constant video freezes and that's usually never happened on my system. They really need to look into it😬
Serato, Support
Dave. 9:49 PM - 19 April, 2017
@sunnyred sorry to hear refreshing your preference files didn't resolve your issue.

Could you please get in touch with us via a help request so we can have a closer look at what might be causing the issues you are running into with Serato Video.

You can open a help request using the green "Open Help Request" button at the bottom right corner of this page.
sunnyred 5:54 AM - 22 April, 2017
@dj VC & @dj techniq.
Hey just wanted to update you guys that my Serato Video is now working with version 1.9.6.

I beleive for me the issue was that my laptop screen resolution was set to the maximum at 1920 X 1080, I had to bring it down to 1280 X 720 after restarting my laptop and booting up serato v.1.9.6, I am now able to mix and record videos.
Thank you everyone for your support.
DJ Tecniq 3:46 PM - 22 April, 2017
Quote:
@dj VC & @dj techniq.
Hey just wanted to update you guys that my Serato Video is now working with version 1.9.6.

I beleive for me the issue was that my laptop screen resolution was set to the maximum at 1920 X 1080, I had to bring it down to 1280 X 720 after restarting my laptop and booting up serato v.1.9.6, I am now able to mix and record videos.
Interesting are on pc or Mac?
sunnyred 4:21 PM - 22 April, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
@dj VC & @dj techniq.

Interesting are on pc or Mac?

I am using a PC laptop.
DJ VC 3:03 PM - 3 May, 2017
Thanks to all for their input on this subject. Will try again as I have not needed to do video lately. Will definitely try SDJ 1.96.