Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

Videos lagging constantly

tmrchris 10:23 PM - 29 March, 2017
New to using music videos, I've only just got the trial version of SDJ but noticed that the output is very laggy. Videos will constantly freeze and will only move if I restart the track.

The output settings are Medium 480p, Video Buffer is 1GB.

I don't ever have issues playing music videos normally, my laptop is usually used as a video player in a nightclub anyway so I'm not understanding why this is happening. Anyone shed some light on this?
DJ Baby Boy 6:22 AM - 30 March, 2017
What are the specs of your machine? Playing videos via a media player compared to DJing video is a huge difference ... Also something else that will hugely affect performance is the source and encoding of your video files that you're trying to use
tmrchris 6:30 AM - 30 March, 2017
Hiya,

It's 4GB RAM, 64 bit Windows 10. intel Centium N3710 @ 1.60 GHz. 1 TB HDD space
DJ Baby Boy 6:41 AM - 30 March, 2017
Sorry to tell you but that machine doesn't even meet the minimum system requirements for Serato DJ let alone for spinning video ... You're gonna need to upgrade your machine to one with at least an i5 and a dedicated graphics card ... Also keep in mind that if you're going to stay with a PC that Virtual DJ would be your best bet for spinning video and if you choose to go with a mac look into MixEmergency in conjunction with Serato DJ over Serato Video
tmrchris 7:29 AM - 30 March, 2017
Serato DJ works fine on its own, the video just would've been an additional bonus. Quite gutted that my machine isn't up to spec, I thought it would be!

Thanks for your help
DJ Baby Boy 9:07 AM - 30 March, 2017
Video takes much stronger machines to be able to run and Serato Video is notoriously horrible on PCs so keep that in mind for the future
DJ Tecniq 5:56 PM - 30 March, 2017
It's very hard to get a pc to run video smoothly with Serato. I suggest a 2012 or above MacBook Pro 15" you should not have any issues. If you decide to stick with pc than get an i7 with a high video graphics card.
kumaran 8:48 AM - 9 April, 2019
Hi folks, I am using macbook pro early 2011 8gb ram
Ssd upgraded to 400+mb
Storage is 1TB
But when i run serato video it’s lagging
I have saved all my songs in a external hard drive
Anyone knows whats the issue ?
popnwave 3:10 PM - 9 April, 2019
What OS?
kumaran 3:17 PM - 9 April, 2019
Yosemite
DJ Tecniq 4:42 PM - 9 April, 2019
Does it have a dedicated video card?
kumaran 4:43 PM - 9 April, 2019
I believe Macbook pro is With the video card
As i check Virtual Dj is working fine but Only serato video laggy
DJ Tecniq 4:58 PM - 9 April, 2019
Quote:
I believe Macbook pro is With the video card
As i check Virtual Dj is working fine but Only serato video laggy
It depends what Mac you have some 15” models have intel & dedicated graphics like nvidia card for graphics switching. Others just have an Intel card which is lower spec but should still get you by. What are your settings in SV i can try to help.
DJ Tecniq 5:00 PM - 9 April, 2019
See here for best settings youtu.be
djcrap 2:21 AM - 10 April, 2019
Quote:
Hi folks, I am using macbook pro early 2011 8gb ram
Ssd upgraded to 400+mb
Storage is 1TB
But when i run serato video it’s lagging
I have saved all my songs in a external hard drive
Anyone knows whats the issue ?

Try switching the yuv handing from default to software
rokkstar 12:06 AM - 27 June, 2019
Hi there also having some issues with video playback... serato settings for video are

WAR : no constraints, output quality:medium, rec qual: 480p, arrangement: normal, media treat.: normal, buff. Size between 200mb and 1gb

Macbook Pro
Processor 2.5 ghz intel i7, memory 16gb 1600mhz DDR3, graphics NVidia GEForce GT 750M 2048 mb intel iris pro 1536 mb

It’s lagging quite enough to be unpleasant to watch... anyone know what i should do?
Thomasd31 5:43 AM - 9 July, 2019
Quote:
It's very hard to get a pc to run video smoothly with Serato. I suggest a 2012 or above MacBook Pro 15" you should not have any issues [url=www.rachat-credit-info.com]rachat de credit immobilier[/url]. If you decide to stick with pc than get an i7 with a high video graphics card.

But maybe there are some updates to make for it to work properly.
DJ Tecniq 5:50 AM - 9 July, 2019
Quote:
Hi there also having some issues with video playback... serato settings for video are

WAR : no constraints, output quality:medium, rec qual: 480p, arrangement: normal, media treat.: normal, buff. Size between 200mb and 1gb

Macbook Pro
Processor 2.5 ghz intel i7, memory 16gb 1600mhz DDR3, graphics NVidia GEForce GT 750M 2048 mb intel iris pro 1536 mb

It’s lagging quite enough to be unpleasant to watch... anyone know what i should do?
What OS are you using? Almost positive a clean install of the OS will fix it. I updated from Yosemite to High Sierra and then it lagged and froze like a mother fucker...so said fuck it did a clean install of Sierra and everything has been smooth as butter. A fresh system is always best. Upgrading OS can sometimes fuck up system files & configuration.