DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

DJ Importance

RAHRAH!! 4:47 PM - 17 March, 2017
So I'm doing my senior project on the importance of a DJ. I've already completed my research on radio DJs and what DJs bring to festivals, but I need more information on why a club DJ is important. Could I get some information from you guys here? It would be a great help.
Taipanic 7:01 PM - 20 March, 2017
A club, more often than not, is four walls with some tables, chairs and a bar. The Club DJ is what creates the atmosphere for that venue. Setting the vibe and controlling the energy level is critical to a club's success. Sound quality, music selection, lighting & visuals is what is going to keep people in an establishment and spending money, which is the key element in a club environment. The good club DJ will raise the energy as the night progresses, building hype, while also rotating the people who are on and off the dancefloor. This is done by playing different tracks or genres of music to bring a different group of people on the dancefloor and send the current dancers back to the bar for a refreshment. A good DJ is always watching the patrons, watching to see how they are reacting to the music, do they look like they are having fun or are they stone faced and bored. They will also alert security to any issues that arise. A good club DJ will play the music that is best for the club's interests, not what he wants to play.
Contrary to a lot of club Owner's and Manager's perceptions, a good DJ may not necessarily draw a lot of people to a venue by their name alone but they will keep the people who come there longer and make the club more money than a lower level DJ.
RAHRAH!! 8:39 PM - 27 August, 2017
I used this as reference in my senior project (aced it) Thanks!
Logisticalstyles 9:55 PM - 27 August, 2017
Quote:
A club, more often than not, is four walls with some tables, chairs and a bar. The Club DJ is what creates the atmosphere for that venue. Setting the vibe and controlling the energy level is critical to a club's success. Sound quality, music selection, lighting & visuals is what is going to keep people in an establishment and spending money, which is the key element in a club environment. The good club DJ will raise the energy as the night progresses, building hype, while also rotating the people who are on and off the dancefloor. This is done by playing different tracks or genres of music to bring a different group of people on the dancefloor and send the current dancers back to the bar for a refreshment. A good DJ is always watching the patrons, watching to see how they are reacting to the music, do they look like they are having fun or are they stone faced and bored. They will also alert security to any issues that arise. A good club DJ will play the music that is best for the club's interests, not what he wants to play.
Contrary to a lot of club Owner's and Manager's perceptions, a good DJ may not necessarily draw a lot of people to a venue by their name alone but they will keep the people who come there longer and make the club more money than a lower level DJ.

Very true
RonDu 2:19 PM - 28 August, 2017
Quote:

Truth
DJ Matty Stiles 4:01 AM - 29 August, 2017
Is this high school or college? What subject?
RAHRAH!! 3:02 PM - 29 August, 2017
Quote:
Is this high school or college? What subject?

high school senior project. English, and soon I'll have to "shadow" some radio/club Djs
DJ Matty Stiles 4:36 AM - 30 August, 2017
I wish I couldve done that in high school!

What do you mean by shadow?
RAHRAH!! 1:05 PM - 31 August, 2017
Shadow basically means to watch someone do their job for so many hours and record what you learn. I was hoping to job shadow Bear Grillz but his show isn't in time for my due date hahaha.