Serato Video General Discussion

Talk about Serato Video and Video-SL.

twin pictures in one

seane212 8:30 PM - 8 June, 2009
is it possible to have two different videos playing within the main monitor ..ie not on top of each other but but two complete screens side by side inside the main monitor frame..?
DJ Cubed 9:35 PM - 8 June, 2009
Yes. I just got VSL recently and noticed there are 3 options. The main setting is one image with whatever effects/mix/transitions you apply to it. You can also set it to display the video from either deck side by side. The last setting is almost like the second expect you get the main feed (live track +effects) in the middle of the two.
DJ Cubed 9:36 PM - 8 June, 2009
except*

Kinda hard to explain but i think you get the idea. If read the manual from the downloads page for a better description.
DJ Cubed 9:37 PM - 8 June, 2009
GAH! typos sorry.
seane212 12:26 AM - 9 June, 2009
ok kool but where do i find these settings?...im using a projector from my computer and i wwant both the left decks video and the right decks video sideby side on the projection... i mean the live feed not whats on the computer
eder 11:58 PM - 9 June, 2009
um...not sure if that can happen. you can do the horizontal wipe, put the crossfader in the middle, and disable the crossfader link in SSL. That's the only thing I can think of that will make that work. but it'll look fugly when you're loading a track and waiting for your transition point, as the videos will permanently be split.
seane212 12:10 AM - 10 June, 2009
no thats not quite it but thanks...trying to get two full videos in one output
eder 12:58 AM - 10 June, 2009
yeah...no can do. not that I know of.
eder 1:01 AM - 10 June, 2009
and even if you could, it'd look kinda ugly...you'd have a lot of black space due to the 4x3 or 16x9 proportions of the video.