Serato Blog Comments

Comments for the Serato Blog

Forthcoming Serato DJ support for the Numark NS6II

8:42 PM, 13 Mar 2017
Discuss this blog entry here: serato.com
Dj Kuma26 2:58 PM - 14 March, 2017
its about time, need some more info though how much does it weigh will it fit in my old ns6 case?
DJ TooHypE 2:19 PM - 19 March, 2017
NO PITCH RANGE?? Hey how will the NS6 II have access or a button for us to adjust the range of the PITCH FADER to ±8%, ±16%, and ±50%
dj marvelous1 12:39 AM - 20 March, 2017
YES PLEASE LET US KNOW...I DONT SEE A PITCH RANGE BUTTON. OR IS THERE A WAY TO SWITCH IT TO +8% +16% & +50%
Serato
Eddie R 9:53 PM - 20 March, 2017
Quote:
its about time, need some more info though how much does it weigh will it fit in my old ns6 case?

I would get in touch with Numark about these details.
Serato
Eddie R 9:53 PM - 20 March, 2017
Quote:
NO PITCH RANGE?? Hey how will the NS6 II have access or a button for us to adjust the range of the PITCH FADER to ±8%, ±16%, and ±50%

Quote:
YES PLEASE LET US KNOW...I DONT SEE A PITCH RANGE BUTTON. OR IS THERE A WAY TO SWITCH IT TO +8% +16% & +50%

Hey guys.
There is a shift function for this on the NS6II, so you can change the Pitch range on the controller.

FYI, If you find your controller doesn't have this option, you can actually MIDI map this function, or for DVS enabled and DVS Upgrade ready controllers, with the DVS Expansion pack you have access to adjusting this in the software too.
lorent 2:55 PM - 31 March, 2017
Hello!
I'm a new member and I really want to know the rules here!
Thanks!
www.baloune.com
dj marvelous1 3:07 PM - 31 March, 2017
Eddie R! Thanks for the Info!! 👍 👍
Sand 5:32 AM - 8 May, 2017
Quote:
Judy Laney

I have been suffering from (HERPES SIMPLEX) disease for the past four years and had constant pain that really drove me crazy,especially in my knees. During the first year,I had faith in God that i would be healed someday.This

disease started circulating all over my body and i have been taking treatment from my Doctor, few weeks ago i came on search on the internet if i could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my

search i saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (Hepatitis B and STAGE3 cancer) by this Man Rick Simpson, and she also gave the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness

that he would be of help, so i wrote to Rick Simpson, telling him about my (HERPES Virus) he told me not to worry that i was going to be cured!! hmm i never believed it..well after all the procedures and remedy given to me by

this man few weeks later i started experiencing changes all over me as the Dr assured me that i have been cured,after some time i went to my doctor to confirm if i have been finally healed, behold it was TRUE, So friends my

advise is if you have such sickness or any other,here is an email you could possibly reach him on:{rickoil1@india.com}

Can Rick Simpson help with my scratching skills too?
Anders Christensen 1:13 AM - 6 June, 2017
I love how spacious the tempo faders are. And adding a booth output on a controller in this prize range is real luxury. It does seem a bit cramped. The Numark Mixtrack Pro www.musikshoppen.dk was more spacious.
anyways, I am looking forward for the reviews
The Only Dj Iroc 11:47 PM - 14 June, 2017
I have the NS6, for a while now. Great machine. I was looking at the specs on the NSII it states that its a 4-channel standalone mixer, but only two inputs..?.. The NS6 has 4 inputs I can go at it with 2 cdj's and 2 TTs. Therefore the NS6II is not a 4-channel standalone mixer as advertise. Looks like 4-channel through Serato only.
DJ Tecniq 7:50 AM - 28 July, 2017
Quote:
I have the NS6, for a while now. Great machine. I was looking at the specs on the NSII it states that its a 4-channel standalone mixer, but only two inputs..?.. The NS6 has 4 inputs I can go at it with 2 cdj's and 2 TTs. Therefore the NS6II is not a 4-channel standalone mixer as advertise. Looks like 4-channel through Serato only.
How are you using the NS6 with turntables? It is not DVS ready like the NSii is🤔
DJ Tecniq 7:51 AM - 28 July, 2017
NS6ii
The Only Dj Iroc 3:42 AM - 25 August, 2017
You are correct it is not dvs ready, but I use it with real vinyl when mixing and or scratching with or without Serato. Just hit the switches on back of controller for vinyl. Then just swap on the actual controller back and forth pc/line phono switch above the 1,2,3, and 4 channels.
DJ Tecniq 11:31 AM - 25 August, 2017
Quote:
You are correct it is not dvs ready, but I use it with real vinyl when mixing and or scratching with or without Serato. Just hit the switches on back of controller for vinyl. Then just swap on the actual controller back and forth pc/line phono switch above the 1,2,3, and 4 channels.
Nice I should of elaborated on my comment. The ns6ii is DVS upgrade ready.
YTK 4:58 AM - 6 October, 2017
NS6ii is DVS ready only on deck 3 and 4 which means... You can NOT control video with the DVS feature. I am sad about this. Why didn't Numark make this controller DVS ready on all four decks!? SMH
DJ Tecniq 5:58 AM - 6 October, 2017
Quote:
NS6ii is DVS ready only on deck 3 and 4 which means... You can NOT control video with the DVS feature. I am sad about this. Why didn't Numark make this controller DVS ready on all four decks!? SMH
i think this is a Serato limitation not exactly the controller. As far as I know Video can only be controlled from decks 1 & 2 no other channels.
YTK 6:05 AM - 6 October, 2017
Well if Numark NS6ii had 4 inputs on all four channels then this would be possible to control video with DVS ready. So now we have to wait till Serato puts out an update to assign video control on the other decks 3 and 4.
DJ Tecniq 6:08 AM - 6 October, 2017
Quote:
Well if Numark NS6ii had 4 inputs on all four channels then this would be possible to control video with DVS ready. So now we have to wait till Serato puts out an update to assign video control on the other decks 3 and 4.
Unfortunately they will never do that Serato Video has only supported ch's 1 and 2 since the beginning and it's been years since we've seen a Serato video update. That is shitty though I never thought of that. I have the SR2 it's only 2 channels though but I can still use 4 decks. So I dunno if I can use Serato video with my t-tables prob just the controller decks. I'll have to test this
rigby.hugh@gmail.com or Hugh Rigby 1:04 AM - 15 November, 2017
In order to change the range of the pitch fader you have to hold down shift and press either pitch bend up or down.
DJmac84losst 4:33 PM - 11 December, 2017
What does shift and cues button do?
DJ Special K 12:39 AM - 16 January, 2018
I'm running serato 1.9.10 and I'm using a mac OS 10.12.6. I have upgraded from the ns6 to the ns6II. I have done a few radio mix shows and two live gigs. Its much lighter than the previous. The platters have a grippy feel to it. So those that lick fingers may not have to. I think the play/pause buttons are a little to close to the cross fader. Overall, I love the unit. Couple bugs tho. The arrows within the jog wheel that indicates if you need to speed or slow the pitch to match the opposite track does not display. The Keylock display does show in the jog wheel if you are using key lock. Strip search does not work either. I was able to get keylock to show only on version 1.9.8 of serato. None of these are deal killers but I would like to see this fixed.
DJ Tecniq 3:08 AM - 16 January, 2018
Quote:
Strip search does not work either.
What are the specs of your laptop? Couldn’t imagine why strip search wouldn't work? It def should or could be a defective unit.
DJ Special K 11:16 PM - 20 January, 2018
Quote:
Quote:
Strip search does not work either.
What are the specs of your laptop? Couldn’t imagine why strip search wouldn't work? It def should or could be a defective unit.

mid 2014, I7 2.5GHz 16gig memory 15 inch macbook pro
DJ Special K 7:23 PM - 24 January, 2018
I stand corrected, after playing with this some more. Strip search works but not as advertised. It only works when the song is on pause. If the song is spinning, the strip pad is not active. That is why I assumed it didn't work.
DJ Tecniq 8:02 PM - 24 January, 2018
Quote:
I stand corrected, after playing with this some more. Strip search works but not as advertised. It only works when the song is on pause. If the song is spinning, the strip pad is not active. That is why I assumed it didn't work.
Odd what’s the point of that. My SR2 strip search works without pausing. If a track is playing i can zoom right through it.
Serato, Support
Sam GG 8:36 PM - 29 January, 2018
Hey Everyone,

Numark have put together a firmware update that should resolve the platter touch problems with the NS6II. Please download the new FW installer here: www.numark.com there are separate versions for Mac and Windows.

If you have any trouble with the installer or experience any platter issues after the update, please get in touch with Numark support staff to let them know.

Cheers,
Sam
DJ itunes 12:06 PM - 23 May, 2018
Does the ns6ii scratch make sense sensitive than sx2 and did ns6ii as key shift I want to buy one of the numark ns6ii or Pioneer ddj sx2 but thinking the one to buy and choose and I'm a scratching dj
DJmac84losst 12:49 PM - 23 May, 2018
if you like moving platters get the ns7 iii