Serato DJ Lite / Intro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Lite / Intro software and controllers.

Recording using audacity

C_seymour 1:58 PM - 13 March, 2017
Hi am new to this having recently got myself the ddj-sb2 and serato intro, just need some help with connections to be able to record using audacity, have read trough all the guides but nothing is making sense regarding what needs plugging in where? Could someone explain to me the exact connections I need possibly a pic of your own? I have got myself all relevant cables/adaptors etc
C_seymour 7:55 AM - 14 March, 2017
Anyone?
Laz219 12:05 AM - 15 March, 2017
What computer are you using?
What exactly are you having trouble understanding, your question isn't too specific.
C_seymour 8:01 AM - 15 March, 2017
Hi mate I'm using a toshiba L50 laptop. I understand inbred a couple of rca splitters coming out of the controller, 1 for speaker input but innit sure what connects to the second?
C_seymour 8:02 AM - 15 March, 2017
Understand I need **
C_seymour 8:42 AM - 15 March, 2017
Sorry that made no sense! Ok I have 2 rca splitters, 1 from controller to speakers, and the other one from controller to where? I understand somewhere it must connect to my laptop mic point
C_seymour 10:39 AM - 20 March, 2017
Anyone help?
DJ Tecniq 3:35 AM - 21 March, 2017
Quote:
Anyone help?
Hey man just pay the upgrade for SDJ and you'll have the benefit of recording. I recorded a 2 hour set with my SB2 using the SDJ 14 day free trial no issues or cable needed it's a built in sound card👍🏼
DJ Tecniq 3:41 AM - 21 March, 2017
The SB2 is an entry level controller so it's limited with Serato DJ Intro (basic software) in order to use the full benefits like recording, more fx etc..you have to purchase the upgrade for Serato DJ (advanced software) or do the subscription fee.
DJ Tecniq 3:51 AM - 21 March, 2017
And just to clarify the purchase of the Serato DJ license is either a one time fee of $99 or a subscription fee of $10 month. When you have license it fully unlocks the software for Serato DJ. Hope that makes sense and you won't have to deal with extra cables just plug into your system out to the speakers and record through the Serato DJ software.