Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

SDJ 1.9.6 Changes?

DJ Tecniq 11:40 PM - 9 March, 2017
What has changed cause I'm using the beta and it says I'm using the latest version on the site? Is the official release no different than the Beta? Confused...
Serato, Moderator
James_M 12:12 AM - 10 March, 2017
Hey Tecniq! The "latest version" check doesn't actually look at the build number, just the version number (the first three digits, i.e. 1.9.6), so it will tell you you're up to date.

I'd recommend getting the release candidate anyway - just to ensure you've got the very latest build.

Cheers!

James
Serato
Geoff.B 12:16 AM - 10 March, 2017
Just to elaborate on what James said, the most recent Beta was 1.9.6.3812, whereas the public release is 1.9.6.4129.

Sometimes we do release the Beta by simply turning off the warning screen. This time, there were some tweaks that happened in between, mostly tidying up some issues that had cropped up around DVS Rel mode, sticker lock and instant double.

Would it be useful if Scott provides an update in the Beta release notes listing the changes that happen between the final beta and the release?
DJ Tecniq 12:58 AM - 10 March, 2017
Got it I trashed the beta and rewrote over it. May want to fix that for other users as it's misleading them to think they are on the latest version but aren't.
Serato
Geoff.B 2:50 AM - 10 March, 2017
Are you saying the Beta is not showing the "This is the Beta" warning screen at startup? =/
DJ Tecniq 9:53 PM - 10 March, 2017
Quote:
Are you saying the Beta is not showing the "This is the Beta" warning screen at startup? =/
No what I meant is I was currently using the beta... and when I tried to update in the "setup" tab on the bottom right where it says "check for updates" I clicked that and took me to the website which says "I'm currently using the latest version" which is just a beta and not the official release.
Ragman 5:50 AM - 11 March, 2017
But how would they think it is on the latest version when the warning screen lets you know you're running a beta version ???
DJ Marv the Maverick 8:49 AM - 11 March, 2017
Just download the official via the link instead of using the update button.