Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

Serato DJ Static/Distortion

Bagel95 6:38 AM - 27 February, 2017
I just bought 2 turntables a mixer and Denon DS1 with serato dj all is connected properly. My turntable reacts great to the software and can hear the song except the audio sounds distorted and an irritable static whenever theres bass. I am able to stand listening to the song if I turn the bass all the way down but I still have the distortion issue. Any suggestions i'm currently in the process with serato support but have not found any solutions yet. My equipment is brand new so can't be faulty is there a possibility of having faulty rca cables? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thank You
DJ Tecniq 9:12 AM - 27 February, 2017
Yes there is a possibility the rca cables are faulty. Try new ones. If it's happening with both t-tables there could be another problem. What are the specs of your machine? And always if needed make sure the DS1 has all updates.
DJ Tecniq 9:15 AM - 27 February, 2017
Also may want to make sure in SDJ the settings should be set to "phono" and the mixer to "line"
DJ Tecniq 9:17 AM - 27 February, 2017
You can find your product downloads here for any drivers or firmware. Hopefully this solves your issue. www.denondj.com
DJ Frustro 2:28 PM - 27 February, 2017
Have you tried calibrating the needle sensitivity in Serato? You have to go to Setup and go to Vinyl/CDJ tab.

Serato has a good article on how to calibrate needle sensitivity. Also check your ground cable and make sure it's making good contact.

Another thing I would suggest, play the same track in serato without the mixer being connected (offline mode) - listen to it on headphones and if it sounds clean, then start troubleshooting your speaker/monitor setup. It may be that. Or may be the mixer is causing the distortion for whatever reason.
Bagel95 4:19 AM - 28 February, 2017
Thanks for all the suggestions guys, the ground is secure I rewired everything. I get the same sound as I do through headphones. I have all my drivers and updates. I'm avoiding replacing my rca cables for now as I have no spares i'm saving that as a last resort. Confused as too why I would set my mixer to line cause if I did that I would get no audio playback. I'm assuming you mean the switch in the back of my mixer under the category channel. My calibration is very good that's not a problem. I will try offline mode later this night and see what hops up.
DJ Tecniq 4:03 PM - 28 February, 2017
Quote:
Confused as too why I would set my mixer to line cause if I did that I would get no audio playback.
The Denon DS1 is a digital interface which is why you would switch the mixer to "Line" it is a digital output if you were just using real vinyl and connecting your t-tables straight to the mixer you would use "Phono" for analog devices.
Bagel95 4:49 AM - 2 March, 2017
alright I am playing it through my headphones now and it's working great by switching it to line. I must have had loose cables when I first tried it I'm gonna play it on my speakers to see if I get the same quality.
Bagel95 4:56 AM - 2 March, 2017
Thanks guys really appreciate it finally works now must have done the setup incorrectly. It sounds amazing now!