Serato DJ Pro General Discussion

Talk about Serato DJ Pro, expansion packs and supported hardware

I5 processors

dj Krazey leo 1:36 PM - 24 February, 2017
Hey folks can anyone tell me the major difference in using let's say a MBP i5 processor vs a i7 in performance I have the Mcx 8000 so just trying to decide what processor would be best thanks in advance
WildcardX 7:19 PM - 24 February, 2017
i5 with about 8GB RAM, good enough for just music and not too bad at analyzing. i7 with a nice healthy 16 GB RAM, perfect for if you are going to be doing video, Low CPU usage and fast analyzing times as well (the i7 is a quad core processor so can process more in the same time).
DJ Tecniq 7:23 PM - 24 February, 2017
Quote:
i5 with about 8GB RAM, good enough for just music and not too bad at analyzing. i7 with a nice healthy 16 GB RAM, perfect for if you are going to be doing video, Low CPU usage and fast analyzing times as well (the i7 is a quad core processor so can process more in the same time).
While he's correct the graphics card plays a major part so having an i7 with dedicated graphics card is best for VJ'ing.
dj Krazey leo 8:59 PM - 24 February, 2017
Ok fellows thanks for the advice oh by the way @ Dj Tecniq I also have that s9 it's one of the best mixers I've ever had loving it
DJ Tecniq 7:58 AM - 25 February, 2017
Quote:
Ok fellows thanks for the advice oh by the way @ Dj Tecniq I also have that s9 it's one of the best mixers I've ever had loving it
Congrats! Yes I'm still learning new things with the mixer. Very cool features. Check out the Pioneer S9 group on Facebook👍🏼
dj Krazey leo 10:11 AM - 25 February, 2017
For sure
Serato
Geoff.B 3:43 AM - 27 February, 2017
We also split our realtime audio rendering across multiple threads, so this can have an impact on DJ performances too, depending on how many decks, samples, FX etc you like to run at the same time.

With more physical cores available, it's easier for the operating system to schedule the hundreds of short, fast bursts every second that are required for low-latency audio, without starving other threads of processor time. Or more importantly, being able to still service those less-important threads without arriving too late for an audio I/O cycle.

In less nerd-speak, more cores generally means less risk of drop-outs.
dj Krazey leo 5:39 AM - 27 February, 2017
Great info thanks.