DJing Discussion

This area is for discussion about DJing in general. Please remember the community rules when posting and try to be polite and inclusive.

Ev Etx18sp, Yamaha Dxs18, Yorkville Ls801p

djMcClaren 3:37 AM - 24 February, 2017
Hi! I'm a beginner, I need to buy one sub for my Yamaha Dsr115. Which is the one good sub to buy?
Arjun B 6:24 AM - 24 February, 2017
Stick with the same brand. Yamaha DXS18 would be better.
It has the size, weight and output benefit.
Neal N 9:31 AM - 24 February, 2017
Currently there isn't a lot of info on about Yamaha Dxs18.
You are Try to stick with same brand but Yamaha Dxs18 is new so im not impressed.
Want to know about same brand means refer this Yamaha Dxr10 powered DJ speaker and Dxr having all the options one the back.
(www.123blacklights.com)
DJ Val-BKNY11203 3:33 PM - 24 February, 2017
Quote:
Currently there isn't a lot of info on about Yamaha Dxs18.
You are Try to stick with same brand but Yamaha Dxs18 is new so im not impressed.
Want to know about same brand means refer this Yamaha Dxr10 powered DJ speaker and Dxr having all the options one the back.
(www.123blacklights.com)

You are not impressed? Have you used this sub? Have you listened to it?
Taipanic 6:12 PM - 24 February, 2017
If you are just getting one sub the Yorkville will be the biggest bang for the buck. The Yamaha is a band pass type design so I would definitely listen to one before purchasing to make sure you like it's output.
djMcClaren 3:17 AM - 25 February, 2017
Thanks, I cannot a Yamaha Dxs18 to demo. I need to buy it first. The salesperson told I'll have 30 days to return it.
djMcClaren 3:25 AM - 25 February, 2017
I cannot demo a Yamaha in California unless I buy it first. I was told I'll have 30 days to return it.
Rebelguy 5:49 AM - 25 February, 2017
Quote:
I cannot demo a Yamaha in California unless I buy it first. I was told I'll have 30 days to return it.

Where are you located in California? I know that World of Stereo in San Jose had them in stock and on the showroom floor. Not sure if they still do though.
djMcClaren 9:43 PM - 25 February, 2017
I lived in Inglewood California. I'll look up World of Stereo in San Jose California. Thanks.
djMcClaren 9:50 PM - 25 February, 2017
World of Stereo in San Jose California is 346 miles and it takes 5hrs. 17 mins.
DJ GaFFle 12:04 AM - 26 February, 2017
Quote:

That "better" comment is probably relative. I haven't heard them but the specs say they're nicely above your average 18" sub. I'm a proponent of trying to same within the same brand.
Arjun B 10:59 PM - 26 February, 2017
Quote:
I haven't heard them but the specs say they're nicely above your average 18" sub. I'm a proponent of trying to same within the same brand.

Same here. I just got a pair of Yamaha DSR115's with a single DXS18 for smaller gigs where I don't need the massive power of my JBL SRX8--'s. I will report back once I get my new set. I'm downgrading from a Yorkville LS800p to the DXS18, so I will have a A/B Comparison of both which will hopefully help everyone decide between speakers. I feel like the DXS18 is going to be a side-step rather than a downgrade but definitely looking forward to the better LF extension
dj_soo 12:06 AM - 27 February, 2017
only real world test I found on youtube, although it's specifically comparing the DXS18 against the KW181: Watchwww.youtube.com

Here's a review from a pretty trusted source: Watchwww.youtube.com

No one stocks it here, but I've been dying to hear the sub in person just to see if the hype is real...
Taipanic 3:02 PM - 27 February, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

That "better" comment is probably relative. I haven't heard them but the specs say they're nicely above your average 18" sub. I'm a proponent of trying to same within the same brand.

...says the guy with the unmatched sound system, LOL.
DJ GaFFle 8:51 AM - 28 February, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That "better" comment is probably relative. I haven't heard them but the specs say they're nicely above your average 18" sub. I'm a proponent of trying to stay within the same brand.

:-) When you're dealing with prosumer gear that doesn't necessarily break the bank and provides a full sound solution (ie: powered speakers for DJ gigs), it's easy and more eye pleasing to stay with the same brand.

When you step outside of the norm and require DSPs, a mix of passive and powered, and sound for large crowds... you'll generally end up with different manufacturer's gear.
DJ GaFFle 8:53 AM - 28 February, 2017
Quote:

...And you won't be able to say that if I mess around and get the SM80's or whatever their replacements may be. :-)
Taipanic 3:06 PM - 28 February, 2017
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That "better" comment is probably relative. I haven't heard them but the specs say they're nicely above your average 18" sub. I'm a proponent of trying to stay within the same brand.

:-) When you're dealing with prosumer gear that doesn't necessarily break the bank and provides a full sound solution (ie: powered speakers for DJ gigs), it's easy and more eye pleasing to stay with the same brand.

When you step outside of the norm and require DSPs, a mix of passive and powered, and sound for large crowds... you'll generally end up with different manufacturer's gear.

Don't take away my fun with logic, sheesh ;-)
Taipanic 3:08 PM - 28 February, 2017
Quote:
Quote:

...And you won't be able to say that if I mess around and get the SM80's or whatever their replacements may be. :-)

I've been waiting... you've been pretty quiet for a while. If/when you do, we'll have to get together. I'd really like to run the Danley/JTR systems back to back and do a real world shootout. We already know they're both great, but I want to hear the differences myself.